What are your real estate resolutions as we enter the new year?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Fri Dec 20, 2013

Agents: what recommendations do you have for future clients?
Buyers and Sellers: what are the concrete steps you plan to take to meet your goals?

Answers

7
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sat Dec 21, 2013
I'm resolved to staying off the Trulia site whenever I see a flood of spam.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Jan 6, 2014
I would ask instead of Trulia PLANTING questions in the Q and A section, they spend that time to eliminate the SPAM problem. I can not imagine why you can not block it and at worst why NO ONE is monitoring your site to remove it. For a company that depends on a web site for business, you are letting ALL us agents down nevermind the consumers who do not want to see spam and will simply move on.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Dec 23, 2013
1. To say "NO" to every telemarketer that calls me and tries to sell me leads. I mean it, NO!

2. To completely eliminate "print advertising" from my budget. It's about time they understand their price gouging has caused a ripple effect.

3. I will seriously consider other Q & A venues outside of trulia in an effort to use my time more wisely. I'm tired of the #%&* that one needs to wade through daily to find an appropriate RE question.

Larry Martin, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Have More Fun

Cherish your time and live for the moment

Have more wag and less bark

Be kind and respectful to everyone...even people you may not like.

Know that Love conquers all!

Make it a great year by making it a great moment!

Don't worry...Be happy!
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Mon Dec 23, 2013
Here comes the spam again . . .
David Poulsen, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Dec 23, 2013
Dear Future Clients,
Your New Year's Resolutions should be as follows:
1) Get yourself educated about the real estate market. Start with Trulia!
2) Find an excellent Realtor in that Market and pick their brain.
3) Get the Realtor to recommend a Mortgage Broker and get yourself qualified.
4) Write down what you would find in your Dream House.
5) Have fun looking for a Home in 2014!
Happy Holidays!
David Poulsen
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Fri Dec 20, 2013
Great Questions,
As a broker, I would encourage all buyer's & seller's to take some time to become educated as much as possible about the process and about researching us, the agents & brokers. Don't rely on very old ideas of the process that worked 25 years ago or assume that you can do this without any help. Get the best help and the best information possible. Find an agent who you can trust and rely on and then listen to their advice. It's great to ask questions and challenge your beliefs, but sometimes what your Uncle Bob did in the 80's isn't the right strategy for 2014.
Research your agent. Read their answers here, their blog posts, find out if their clients are truly happy with the results they've provided them. Most agents are friendly, nice people, that doesn't mean competent or reliable. Find the best representation you can, even if it costs more than someone else, you may come out far better for it in the end.