What are your opinions and experience with building/working with Legendary Communities?

Asked by Tdoleman333, Alpharetta, GA Thu Mar 21, 2013

Are their homes great quality for their price range?

Answers

1
Katherine Mo…, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Fri Mar 22, 2013
I have sold several of their homes, both standing inventory and build from scratch homes. They are pretty easy to deal with, stand behind their work and build really popular floor plans, keeping the buyers happy.

I agree with Lowell, that the biggest drawback is the lenders they recommend, who are the worst! The last transaction, I successfully negotiated seller paid closing costs with an "outside" lender, who made the deal very smooth (the way it should be) with very little stress on the buyer. A great lender will make your life easier during a very stressful time.

It may sound self-serving, but make sure you have a buyer's agent who represents you! You need someone in your corner, who has tons of experience with new construction and will stand beside you every step of the way, including being at all the inspections and making sure you don't pick a lot that has issues on resale. If you are building from scratch, they should also be visiting the house during the construction, making sure that things are moving along and spotting mistakes early on (when they are easier and cheaper to fix). Also, you need a great home inspector to go over the house.

Keep in mind this is the largest purchase you will ever make and you need a full complement of experts to make sure it turns out good.

Kathy

Katherine L. Morrison, CRS
Realtor/Owner
Team Realty Group
Alpharetta, GA
404-697-4626 (direct)
kathy@chipandkathy.com
when you say buyer's agent, do you mean realtor?
Flag Fri Mar 22, 2013