What are the up and coming neighborhoods located within 15 minutes of Lowry that offer the best values and growth opportunities?

Asked by K Nil, 06840 Wed Dec 11, 2013

Answers

7
Marina Bay, Agent, Greenwood Village, CO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
In the past 2 years I've have seen tremendous appreciation in the neighborhoods directly between Lowry and Stapleton. Because the home values there are some of the lowest in Denver, it speeds up the appreciation in current market conditions. Also, there are a lot of run down homes, that offer great opportunity for renovation and resale with high return on investment.

Marina Bay/Realtor
Cherry Creek Properties
Nina Kuhl, Agent, Greenwood Village, CO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
I think Virginia Village/Virginia Vale has some good values in single family homes. This area is located southwest of Lowry and has many 50's ranch style homes but it is dependent block by block. Values in Mayfair Park which is just west of Lowry has many 50's ranches as well on some nice size lots. You can walk to Lowry from here. Windsor is south of the new Lowry Annex is another area that I like.

Nina Kuhl
Cherry Creek Properties LLC
Wisdom Real…, Agent, Denver, CO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
I would throw Mayfair into the mix...Trader Joes is almost completed, and the sky is the limit with the old CU med center. If you can find a nice little fixer upper...the kicker is IF you can win the bid. Cheers!
Peter Schaef…, Agent, Denver, CO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
I am not sure what it is like in New Canaan but fortunately Lowry is relatively centralized and there may be 50-100,000 homes within 15 min of it. There are tons of opportunities within range but it all depends on what your wanting to spend and if you want to do any fix - up to it. For example I bought a home south of Lowry this summer and remodeled it any sold it 3 months later for a $40k profit. If you would like to discuss a good strategy for your situation let me know.
Benjamin Ber…, Agent, Denver, CO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
The neighborhood due North of Lowry, East Colfax, probably has the best value and growth opportunity surrounding Lowry (I've attached a link to some neighborhood stats). All of the surrounding neighborhoods have been doing great and offer opportunity for growth. I feel, with urban sprawl, the closer to Denver you can afford, the safer you'll be as far as a long term investment goes.
Joseph Sobin, , Denver, CO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
While many brokers will advise Stapleton and there is continued growth and opportunity, I believe there are neighborhoods to the east and south of Lowry (located in Aurora and Denver) which offer many opportunities for underlying equity appreciation and demand over the next 3-5 years.

Concerning pin-pointing neighborhoods, there are consideration from housing stock desired to school districts the differences in taxes and services offered by Denver and Aurora which need to be factored in.

Also, while I agree Stapleton has been and continues to be successful, I have personally had clients who work in central and SE Denver as well at DTC who did not consider Stapleton due to the commuting challenges and concern about continued development within the boundaries versus more established and land-scarce neighborhoods closer to Lowry.

Yet if you are desiring new construction, Stapleton is an excellent option with price-points from starter to luxury. However if you would consider a fixer-upper or have some flexibility on house-size, age and lot, there are many excellent options. Personally I have been looking at neighborhoods east of Quebec from Lowry to DTC. Some excellent opportunities including neighborhoods with parks as well as east access to arterials/highways and strong schools in both Denver and Cherry Creek Districts.
Bob Gordon, Agent, Boulder, CO
Thu Dec 12, 2013
Yesterday the Denver Post ran a news article on this very subject. And quoted TRULIA. The # 1 most researched community, within 15 minutes of you: Stapleton.