What are the tax consiqunces of renting my current primary residence and buying a new residence to live in?

Asked by , Sun May 11, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Trisha Lee, Agent, Columbia, MO
Sun May 11, 2008
Jeff -
You should contact your tax professional as that greatly depends on how you file and which property you choose to claim as your primary residence.
Trisha Lee Columbia, MO 65203
Web Reference:  http://www.TalkToTrisha.com
1 vote
Dale Weir, Agent, Chesterfield, MO
Sun May 11, 2008
I agree with Trist, contact a tax professional. Note that when you go to sell, if you have not lived in the home at least 2 out of the last 5 years, you will pay the full capital gains tax on the property.
Web Reference:  http://www.yourstlhome.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more