Home Buying in Sammamish>Question Details

Nadeem Aziz…, Home Buyer in Issaquah, WA

What are the steps involved after purchase of a lot building a custom-built home? What municipal and other agency approvals are required?

Asked by Nadeem Aziz Mian, Issaquah, WA Tue Mar 26, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Dan & I are in total agreement. the process is quite complicated & involved but the result can be fantastic. It would take me hours to share the type of information you really need to process before you even begin. If you would like to consult with me, just give me a call or email me directly & I would be happy to work something out with you.

Good luck to you in any case,
Jirius Isaac
Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 27, 2013
You also asked about the wisdom of building custom versus buying in a development from an established plan. Custom building is usually more expensive than buying in an established development. Builders have an established process and efficiency during development that's hard to beat. I have seen some people do well when they are their own general contractor using a building consultant, but this becomes a second job and you earn all that you save.
If you have the time, patience and a project manager’s mind, it's worth exploring.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 27, 2013
Hi again Nadeem,
The process is frankly too involved to completely address here. You are going to need an experienced agent to assist you to find the right lot, negotiate the deal, recommend some builders and assist you with some of the options you have to maximize your opportunity.
As I wrote in a previous question, the process can take 1-3 years depending on all that's involved. I've worked with others and seen several failed attempts. If you are new to this, get some knowledgeable help to be successful.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 27, 2013
Hi Nadeem,
The lot should have a current survey to properly footprint the home to include the location of utilities. You will need an architect to design and engineer the home for construction. The building permit is obtained through the local municipality. The only other agency that may be involved would be the health department if a septic system is required. Other than that, it is a very straightforward process. Feel free to call me with questions. Jim Merritt 206-660-1400.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 27, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer