Home Buying in West Haven>Question Details

Robert Layton, Home Buyer in West Haven, CT

What are the requirments for a first time buyer looking @ a 2 family home in West Haven CT under $180000 with a credit score of 690?

Asked by Robert Layton, West Haven, CT Thu Oct 27, 2011

Hi Robert, It is best to get pre-approved. This way you know what you can afford to spend. Depending on the type of financing you use you will need money for a down payment, up to 20%. I would be happy to help you find the right investment property. Give me a call 203-605-5801 C Thank you Jon Wallace Real Estate Consultant
Hi Robert, it is definitely best to speak with a mortgage officer to discuss all of your options and the requirements needed for loan approval. I would be more than happy to provide you with several banks to contact or feel free to contact someone at your own bank. If you need any more assistance, please feel free to contact me, Julie Lucia, Realtor, Showcase Realty, 203-578-5631cell; julie@julierealestate.com
If your living in the property and using FHA financing you need 3.5% down and closing costs around $7000.. Some of that can be rolled into the mortgage or the Seller can pay them. You really need a mortgage person to walk you through the financing. Realtors are not experts in that area of real estate and the rules keep changing. I recently sent you all the single family homes in West Haven. I would be happy to send you the Multi's as well.
I would love to help you find your next home and answer all your questions.
I can be reached at 203-257-0030
Hi. You need to be pre-approved for a mortgage. If you paying with cash just go ahead and give the offer.