What are the requirements to take your tax base with u when u sell your home and buy one in the same county?

Asked by Nanyme, California Thu Dec 13, 2007

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Thu Dec 13, 2007
If you tell me the counties, I am more than happy to forward specific information on those counties.
Web Reference:  http://www.cindihagley.com
0 votes
Christina On…, , Tracy, CA
Thu Dec 13, 2007
I agree with Nick. In San Joaquin County, it is the same thing. Proposition 60 & 90 are what you need to ask your realtor & lender about. I know that it is a once in a lifetime thing as the laws are written. As I understand it, there are certain counties that recipricate the "tax base" staying the same. Check with you realtor & lender to make sure they due some specific investigations into the counties you are questioning specifically. It is a wonderful thing to take advantage of. Hopefully you qualify for it.
0 votes
Garrett Smith, , Modesto, CA
Thu Dec 13, 2007
It depends on the county..... I nstanislaus you must be 55 years or older and be moving equal to or down in size from your current property. It can get tricky on what that means, but those are the general requirements here.

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more