What are the pros and cons of buying in a mixed-use development?

Asked by jangie88, Charlotte, NC Thu Jul 31, 2014

I have a son and daughter that I plan on helping buy their first homes. They are young professionals and want to live in the uptown area of our city (Charlotte N.C). There is a new mixed-use building that has just finished construction. I have reservations because this building has 172 hotel rooms, 67 condo units, 2 penthouses, a rooftop restaurant, etc. I always go into real estate thinking about the resell so with the mixed-use, as much as it's a draw for my kids, it's giving me pause. Any advice?

Link to building: http://www.skyecondos.com

Thank you

Answers

3
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Fri Aug 1, 2014
The key will be availability of a mortgage. If a buyer is required to put more down, pay a higher rate or such, the value could be affected. Mix use usually equals more risk for the lender. Check to see what is available now and that will give you a good guide.
chryslerfina…, Home Seller, Charlotte, NC
Tue Oct 7, 2014
Get your Xmas Loan today with our ongoing Bonanza( Borrow a loan today and pay back just 80% of the Loan and get the other as a bonanza from CHRYSLER FINANCE COMPANY PLC. My name is Mr. Chrysler Sands, we help people financially, we offer loan in the range of 5,000 to 10 million euro, dollar, pound, rubies, etc., we offer a loan with an interest rate of 2% for a maximum of 25 years, Contact us through email to apply for a loan and get a bonanza. I look forward to your response Email - chryslerfinance@yahoo.com
.
Gabriel Libu…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Charlotte, NC
Sat Aug 23, 2014
It is a great option if you can find a lender to work with you. Luckily I finance Non-Warrantable condo's and townhouses. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions at:
Gabe Libutti
NMLS#504917
Sr. Loan Officer/Branch Manager
16325 Northcross Drive Suite C
Huntersville, North Carolina 28078
glibutti@mcleanmortgage.com

Office: 980-359-1604
fax: 980-359-1654

Apply Online at:
http://www.GabeLibutti.com