1. A properly built dome uses about 1/2 the energy of an equivalent sized conventional home. Combined water, gas and electric bills for approx. 2,000sqf home average less than
$100 a month.
2. Extended lineage, which gives the interior of the building, a spacious and royal look.
3. Higher resistance to natural disasters like earth quakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, tropical storms, floods, and much more. The dome on a geodesic home has been studied and able to resist even winds of 500-plus miles per hour.
4. One of the pros is that dome homes are resistant to heat in summer, and warmer in winter. Its extended lineage makes the dome home more airy.
5. Rapid construction and low construction cost
1. Due to their huge structure at the top, sounds can get echoed.
2. Because of the round walls, building compartments like shelves and closets are especially challenging.
3. Hard to place furniture, no walls for art, window coverings are difficult etc
4. If you are building, hard to get permits and materials like windows etc