What are the property taxes on a home value at 280,000 77396 zip?

Asked by Ngray1980, Humble, TX Tue Feb 18, 2014

Answers

5
Rosie Browni…, Agent, Humble, TX
Tue Feb 18, 2014
Hi there. Taxes vary within zip codes usually because of MUD district values. Remember, the appraised value on a home is not the same as market value of the home. Taxes are based on the HCAD value. Assuming you are referencing a home with an appraised value of $280,000---multiply that by the 3.44-3.84 rate for Fall Creek or Canyon Gate. To further complicate the answer to your question, if your home is eligible for homestead exemption, the taxed values are lower. Ngray, a realtor can provide valuable information regarding property taxes in the communities that you are interested in.. Give me a call.
Donna Wisenb…, Agent, Harris, MN
Tue Feb 18, 2014
Depending on the neighborhood/MUD district the tax rate can run anywhere from 2.7% to 3.7% this is before the homestead exemption. Once you claim your homestead, if you buy in the current year is allowable after 1/1/15, then you will see a decrease in your taxes. If you would like to provide me with the address, I can better assist you in answering your question. I hope to hear from you.
Donna Wisenbaker
Keller Williams Realty - NE
832-445-7084
Ross Lapham, Agent, houston, TX
Tue Feb 18, 2014
The tax rate is around 3.6 without homestead exemption. If the home is valued around $280,000 multiply that by 3.6 gives you around $10,080 a year. Let me know if you need help on the project. texastarproperties.com
Henry Pruitt, Agent, New Braunfels, TX
Tue Feb 18, 2014
Depends on mus district . Do you have a address?
Phyllis McAr…, Agent, San mateo, CA
Tue Feb 18, 2014
Most agents cannot give you tax info or tax advice, but you could just go to your county center and find out this information, it's sometimes different in different counties
Thank you
Flag Tue Feb 18, 2014