What are the property taxes in Jupiter,fl?

Asked by Donnaerrn, 33458 Sat Oct 1, 2011

Answers

6
Mary Hester, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Sat Oct 1, 2011
I agree that using 2% of the purchase price is a good estimate for your budgeting purposes. Florida property owners who who have filed for homestead status on their homes, have additional benefits as explained by the others. Most of the real property taxes are based upon the assessed value of your home; these are called ad valorem taxes. Examples of ad valorem taxes are school taxes, county and Jupiter debt, library, So Florida Water Management, Children's Services Council, and Jupiter Inlet District. However, there are some others taxes that are not based on the assessed value; these are called non ad valorem taxes. Examples of non ad valorem taxes would be North Palm Beach County improvement Districts taxes, and Solid Waste Authority taxes. Both types of taxes are part of the real property tax bill. The Palm Beach County Assessor has detailed information on taxes on all homes in Palm Beach County, including Jupiter.

You can check the taxes on a Jupiter home for sale by going to http://www.bocaexecutiverealty.com/Jupiter/. Once you have searched for homes meeting your criteria, click on the link to "taxes" that is displayed with the other information on the particular home for sale. If you have any questions or would like to see Jupiter Homes for sale, please call me at 561-632-7373.
Courtney Smi…, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Thu Oct 6, 2011
All really great answers below. I would add that northern parts of Jupiter are in Martin County and those property taxes are slightly lower than Palm Beach County (est 1.8% of the purchase price). This is part of the reason why Jupiter Island incorporated into Martin County instead of Palm Beach County.
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Sat Oct 1, 2011
Donnaern,

As you may know, there are no state income taxes in Florida so our main source of revenue is from property taxes. Depending on where you are coming from the tax rate may seem high but keep in mind that we do not tax your revenue which is a huge plus. Overall tax rates in Florida are relatively low compared to many states around the country and is one reason we are seeing more and more people look here to relocate.

Property taxes are figured by multiplying the assessed valuation attributed to the property by the County Assessor by the Millage Rate which for most of Jupiter is currently 19.8357. Keep in mind that the county valuation is not the same as market value and you will see a large discrepancy depending on the particular property of sales price as a percentage of county value. If you intend to use the property as your primary residence, and it has a county valuation over $75,000 you will qualify for a $50,000 homestead exemption which lowers the county valuation by that amount. If you do use the home as your primary residence the rule of thumb is your tax bill will be in the neighborhood of 2% to 2.5% of purchase price. There are so many variables but the most important one is how good of deal you negotiate on your home and keep in mind we do have the ability to protest county valuations and I have many clients who with my help have been successful in doing so.

Also keep in mind that Jupiter is in the northern tip of Palm Beach County and there are a few rare Jupiter addresses that are actually in Martin County where the tax rate is more favorable. Our neighboring community of Tequesta has homes in both counties so if taxes are a big concern keep this in mind.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference:  http://www.tompriester.com
Pauline Crain, Agent, Palm City, FL
Sat Oct 1, 2011
Approximately 2% of purchase price is a good budget for property taxes, but there are a number of factors that impact this charge.

Number one Florida has a homestead deduction of $50,000 if you use the home as your primary residence.

Secondly, if you homesteaded your property, there is another program, Save Our Homes, which limits the amount the appraiser can raise your valuation in any calendar year.

This is a great time to buy a property in Jupiter. Please feel free to contact me at 561-452-5560 or paulinecrain@ymail.com. Happy house hunting and good luck
Kelle Rue, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Sat Oct 1, 2011
Your property taxes are going to be roughly 2% of your purchase price. If is going to be your primary residence, you can Homestead the property, giving you 50k tax exempt. For example, if you purchase a 300k home, you only pay taxes on 250k.
Anthony Cinc…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sat Oct 1, 2011
For 2011 the property tax rates for the town of Jupiter are set at $2.83 per $1,000 of assessed value.
Hi. Do we now what the per 1k rate is now, 2014 in PBG and Jupiter? thanks
Flag Sat Apr 19, 2014