What are the incentives for first time home buyers in new york city ? Are there any ? Thanks!

Asked by Ilona, New York, NY Tue Jan 31, 2012

Answers

2
Ann Zemaitis, Agent, 10013, NY
Wed Aug 15, 2012
I offer first time buyers who use me as their agent a 10% rebate of my commission on their purchase after closing. For example, if someone is buying a $1,000,000 NYC home with 6% split commission, 3% to "my side", I would rebate them $3,000. I'd consider that an incentive, but just works with me, as my company allows me to do it. On a 5% it would be $2500. The rebate varies depending on purchase price and commission, but it is significant and something I have been doing, but don't know how much longer I will be, so contact me soon if interested.
Ralph Windsc…, Agent, Hauppauge, NY
Wed Feb 1, 2012
I don't know of any grants/incentives in NYC but you can check with SONYMA (state of NY mortgage association). They have a $10,000 down payment assistance program for first time home buyers. There are a lot of grants out there. You just have to do the research and see how to and if you qualify. Good luck!