Home Buying in Old Town>Question Details

Palumbojoe, Home Buyer in Alexandria, VA

What are the hoa's for this home? I love the place but my budget is closer to 700,000 but it is fun to look at what's out there in Fords

Asked by Palumbojoe, Alexandria, VA Wed Jul 27, 2011

Landing .

Hi There. Well being a local person in this neighborhood and knowing most of the homes around here I have to tell you that those are fun to look at, but you can get something just as nice also near the water, and without the noise from the Beltway and the Wilson Bridge ruining your outdoor senses. Also, most of the homes there don't have any kind of yards or outdoor space except a small 3' wide bacony and space behind your garage. But, it is a nice walking neighborhood and an easy walk along the river and to King St.

There are some nice places in Old Town closer to your price range that are similar size and also near or by the river. I'd be happy to let you know about them. And yes, Ford's Landing has HOA fees.

Delaine Campbell, CRS, ABR, e-Pro
McEnearney Associates, Inc. REALTORS(R)
(703) 932-6542 cell/text/direct

"Out Of The Box Thinking For All Of Your Real Estate Needs!"

Top 5% of Real Estate Agents Nationwide
Serving Alexandria Virginia and the D.C. Metro Area

Fords Landing is truly a wonderful neighborhood and easy access to all of the restaurants and shops of Old Town! To give you some perspective the web link below shows what is currently for sale in the neighborhood and also what has sold there in the last 6 months. If $700K is your desired price point there are other nearby homes that would offer many of the luxuries of Ford's and keep you on budget. Please feel free to contact me for some insight into Old Town!

Chris Fraser

There are currently three active listings, list price from $949k to $1,792,000 and HOA fees ranging from $187 to $275/mo. There are a number of current listings on the market right now that are $750k or less for 3BR home in the Old Town area. Please let me know if you need any assistance.

Hello Palumbojoe,

You are not specifying which listing you are looking at, however there are 3 active listings in Fords Landing, Alexandria priced betwen $1,792,000 to $949,000. Home owner Assoc fees are from $187-$275. The community is above your current budget. If you are actively looking to buy and are not working with an agent feel free to contact me; I am very familiar with the Old Town area and Alexandria in general.

Maridol Garcia-Joy, Realtor
Long & Foster
If you list the address I am sure you will get some helpful answers.