What are the different ways to hold title to the property?

Asked by Trulia Boston, Boston, MA Thu Jan 24, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Sarah Barrows, Agent, East Syracuse, NY
Thu Jan 24, 2013
There are different rules in different states...an attorney would be your best reference in this situation. An Attorney who specializes in Real Estate in your area can give you definite answers.
1 vote
Angela Guo, Agent, Brookline, MA
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Danielle is absolutely right but each state as it's own laws and regulations, as with all legal matters it is best to consult an experienced real estate attorney.
0 votes
Mario Pavli, Agent, Boston, MA
Fri Jan 25, 2013
It depends on which State. Every state has different rules and regulations.

Best Of Luck
0 votes
Robert Adams, Agent, Henderson, NV
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Varies per state...check with your local expert!

Best Regards,
Robert Adams
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
702-349-9175 cel
0 votes
Danielle O'B…, Agent, West Roxbury, MA
Thu Jan 24, 2013
The main forms of ownership are tenancy in severalty, joint tenancy (survivorship), tenancy in common, and tenancy by the entirety. There are different qualifications for each and buyers should absolutely consult with an attorney about the appropriate way to take ownership.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more