What are the better areas ,to town homes and condos.?

Asked by Klynnfar, Vallejo, CA Thu Jul 19, 2012

Answers

4
Beth Britten…, Agent, Vallejo, CA
Thu Aug 2, 2012
Hi Klynnfar,

When working with someone new to the Vallejo area the first thing I do is invite them in for a 'get acquainted" meeting and, if necessary, a driving tour of Vallejo. We discuss the history of the city; the schools if there is an interest in that; the opportunities for shopping; proximity to freeways and public transportation, etc. No one can make a judgement for another about whether an area is "better." What appeals to me may not appeal to you:)

If you would like to pursue this course of action please email me. Thank you for using Trulia! Beth
Kirbys, , California
Sat Jul 28, 2012
I can't confirm or deny the stated percentage below of the "caucasin" make up at Jesse Bethel high but I have to completely disagree anyways with your theory. There are so many things wrong and sad about your statement below, I will only have the time to cover a few. There is a term for that analysis that I learned while attending college and taking a logics class, its called "illogical" and borderline just plain "ignorant". You are certainly entitled to your opinion others are also entilted to a response to that opinion as well. To imply that there is such thing as "white flight" and that it "factually" means something really means that you are a delusional paranoid (that means you appear to be coherent,sensible, and reasonable when in fact you exhibit or make statements that are really showing odd or bizarre behavior) and a racist at the same time. I know this area very well and the neighborhoods surrounding them are very desirable areas of Vallejo. The facts that I do know to be true are that the public schools are in question but at it's peak in 2006, some of those homes were selling in the 1,000,000 dollar range (Hyde Park) with the median sale price in that area being about $650,000. It is also located next to 2 Beautiful Golf courses (one being a country club). Another simple fact is the amount of "caucasin" people in any area is not necessarily any indication of the type of area (see areas of Sacramento for proof) except when thought of in someone's head or made up in some movie. In closing there are two additional things about your character that are highly questionable: 1) In other words you will take money from "those people" as you stated but you won't live next to them or have your daughter associate with them, and 2) Why decide to have kids as you did and perpetuate and pass on these "backward beliefs". I really do feel sorry for you and I hope you are able to get some professional help some time soon. Enjoy your life in the " stupid bubble".
Izzy, Home Owner, Sacramento, CA
Fri Jul 20, 2012
I purchased a place in East Vallejo for the future. I have a couple of rentals in the City. I'm only there a couple of days a week for the last half year or so. My biggest concern would be the public schools. I will not take a change with them. Not to imply an prejudicial basis, however, for Jesse Bethel High School, the caucasian makeup is only 7%, just 105 students. That is bad in any multicultural setting. So that just tells you there must be a tremendous amount of "white flight" away from that school or people do not live there with school age children. I'll have my daughter finish school here in Sacramento before moving out there. To scary indeed.
Christopher…, Agent, Benicia, CA
Thu Jul 19, 2012
East Vallejo is generally viewed as a very desirable area.