What are the 'best' places to live in Solon? I can't figure out if it's best to live near the schools or north

Asked by Movingtosolon, New Jersey Mon Apr 20, 2009

Answers

5
Jimmy92, Home Buyer, Charlotte, NC
Sat Apr 7, 2012
spingside, ledge hill and briar hill are all very close to 422. there are also several developments off of miles road that are very good
Selling Home…, Home Seller, Ohio City, Cleveland, OH
Fri Oct 9, 2009
I have lived in Solon for the last 12 yrs. We are now moving to our third house here. I like all of Solon. North Solon isn't as crowded and has a lot more trees. The highways are easier to get to from the north. The schools are located pretty central maybe a little more south but not much. Newer developments are south if that's of any interest to you. We are moving from North Solon to North Solon if that means anything. Our house now is great but we wanted to take advantage of the lower mortgage rates. It's a great place to raise kids. We haven't put our current home on the market yet, we have a centeral hall colonial in North Solon on a cul-de-sac let me know if intested. You can email me at nitro11109@yahoo.com
Jeannie, , Mayfield Heights, OH
Mon Jun 22, 2009
I am also trying to answer this question for myself!

The houses in the north seem to be on slightly larger, wooded lots and seem more remote/isolated/private & quiet. It's also on a bit of a hill. Less sidewalks, more nature. I would just be wary of any lots too close to the highway (422) so you avoid the dust & pollution of high speed traffic.

The houses near the school tend to be on smaller lots but seem more neighborly (smaller lots, more densely packed houses) with sidewalks, streetlights, and places to walk. If you are near the schools you will be much closer to the community center, library and park.

Most of the business areas are concentrated in the middle between the north/south.

Solon has two streets that run parallel (SOM Center and Cochran). On Cochran there are many businesses, some factories (the Nestle factory, for one) and there is a lot of traffic in/out during rush hour and at lunch time. It is probably easier to navigate and get on the highway at rush hour if you live north of town.

I might avoid the southern most part of Solon (along Pettibone) as sometimes there is an odd smell around here, especially in the summer.
John Wirsing, Agent, Pepper Pike, OH
Mon Apr 20, 2009
Congratulations!
You have selected one of Cleveland's premiere suburbs to reside in.
Whether you choose north or south Solon, you will be convenient to everything in Solon.
Just one more advantage of Solon is that it is very accessible.
For more information about Solon or any surrounding area, please visit my website and click on Community Reports.
If I can be of assistance, please don't hesitate to give me a call at 440-487-2193 or drop me an e-mail at 440-487-2193.
Best of luck,
John Wirsing
Keller Williams Realty Greater Cleveland
Amy & Dan Sc…, Agent, cleveland, OH
Mon Apr 20, 2009

No one specific neighborhood fits everyone's needs. There are a lot of factors to consider such as location of your work, how close you want to be to schools, etc...As Solon residents we would be happy to educate you on our wonderful community and help you determine which areas would be a good fit for you. By the way, Amy is from New Jersey and while she wasn't happy leaving, she loves living here.

Please check out of blog at http://www.clevelandhomeexperts.com . There is some great information on Solon and specific neighborhoods.
Web Reference:  http://www.schumanteam.com