What are the best neighborhoods in Canfield Ohio?

Asked by Julie, 22315 Sun Apr 20, 2008

We are moving to the Canfield/Salem area in the fall. We want to avoid developments with the "open field" look...neighborhoods where large homes are just set in the middle of a field, with no mature trees.
What are the some neighborhoods in Canfield Ohio that might fit the bill?
Since we won't have many opportunities to visit, I am hoping to get some good information to narrow my search.
We are looking in the 300-400,000 range.
PS-We do have a realtor...we are just want to see if anyone has anything to add.

Answers

7
Susan Trebil…, Agent, Poland, OH
Mon Jul 22, 2013
My family and I have lived in Canfield for the past 10 years. We searched schools along with our search of house or land. We ended up building in a small neighborhood 5 to 7 minutes from any school. Stonebridge is a great choice , it butts up to the bike path and is close to Canfield Swim and Tennis. Great place to raise a family with other families. Westford is a nice and upcoming community built around a golf course. The schools are good. We love the 4th of July parades and of course the 167 year of the Canfield Fair in August. I hope this has helped. Happy hunting!
J.V. Merando, Agent, Poland, OH
Tue Mar 12, 2013
I would first say too look at your options / needs since there are different rules as concerning the City of Canfield and the Township such as hunting, fire pits, animals, etc. To suggest a few developments in the price range you are looking I'd suggest Stone Bridge which is off of Herbert rd. in the City, Whispering Meadows which is off of route 46 in the Township, or one of the newest developments in the "WestFord Community" such as Charlesgate or Winstead crossings. These Developments offer a wide variety of home styles and price ranges to fit just about anyone's needs and budget.
V Kaye, Home Owner, Canfield, OH
Tue May 15, 2012
Check out 3719 Mercedes Place
Canfield Rev…, , Canfield, OH
Thu Aug 12, 2010
I lived in Canfield from 7th grade on. A safe neighborhood-no crime. The schools are so so. I'd rather have stayed in the South Range school district. However, if schools aren't a factor then Canfield is great! A strong sense of community and the Village Green are lovely. The adult population are considerate and friendly.
Bethmar, , Canfield, OH
Mon Oct 19, 2009
I currently live in Canfield, OH and have for about 10 years. You wont find a bad area here they just dont exist. The neighborhoods near the fairgrounds sounds like something you might like the streets are called kings lane and queen and those kinds of names just look on a map you'll find them. Also there is a developement called Blue Heron that is nice and one more that I can think of ,is the neighborhoods off rt. 46 between shields and kirk rd. Hope this helps!
Maria Cutrona, Agent, Boardman, OH
Tue Apr 14, 2009
Canfield is a suburb of Youngstown. I have live in this area for the past 19 years and live in Mahoning county all my life! My children graduated from the high school and are well rounded. You are asking what is the best neighborhoods in Canfield, Ohio. I tell you to always check the schools and asked the police department and that will give you the honest question that you may want to have.

If you are looking to buy in this area, please do not hesitate to give me a call or email me . I have moved numerous of buyers into this area. My name is Maria (330) 550-7002
Web Reference:  http://www.mariacutrona.com
David M. Chi…, Agent, Uniontown, OH
Sun Apr 20, 2008
Canfield is a great area to live. Your agent should know the best areas for your search. Welcome to the area. Good luck.
Web Reference:  http://www.liveinakron.com