What are the best negotiating stances to take with my current lender?

Asked by Brandongoodman, Fort Lauderdale, FL Mon Apr 29, 2013

Answers

4
Joseph J. Mi…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Wed May 1, 2013
First and foremost you should not be negotiating "against" your lender. If you feel your lender, whatever the circumstance, is not working in your best interest and you have to negotiate the best terms and rates then I would highly advise you to find a different lender who is on your side negotiating on your behalf to get you the best rates. Every lender I recommend to my clients I know is on our team and is working to get my client the best possible loan.
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue Apr 30, 2013
It depends on your position, doesn't it? If you've got an 800 credit score and mad assets, then you tell them what terms you will accept. If you've got a credit score in the fives and are a month behind on the rent, then you cower in the corner and accept what crumbs they throw you!
Eileen Keder…, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Apr 30, 2013
Your question is a bit vague. Do you want to sell your home or retain your home? The 1st suggestion for you align yourself with a facilitator that has been working successfully with lenders for at least 5 years. Check out their credentials, i.e. do they have a CDPE certification? This person/company will guide you and advise you in the process and set your expectations correctly.

We have been working with Lenders for over 8 years and have an excellent rapport with all Lenders. My husband was one of the 1st individuals to earn his CDPE. Together we have helped many individuals resolve their lender issues. We can be reached at 954-561-4100
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Mon Apr 29, 2013
Brandon, you haven't really given us enough information to answer the question.

You can call me at 786-332-7042 if you want to discuss a specific scenario.