Imreveille,  in Riverside, CA

What are the best areas of Spokane, WA for young professionals?

Asked by Imreveille, Riverside, CA Mon Aug 1, 2011

I'm moving to Spokane, WA for my job and was wondering where the best areas or neighborhoods are for young professionals. I'll be working downtown. I'd like to live near the city, and be close to good restaurants, and entertainment. I want to live in an area where there's plenty to do, and I definitely don't want to be out in the suburbs since I'm only 25. I'd probably like to buy a condo as I'll be earning a pretty good income now.

Answers

3
Navigator No…, Agent, Spokane, WA
Tue Aug 2, 2011
You have many great choices here in Spokane. There are several condos available in the center of dowtown Spokane. There are a few newer more traditional sheetrock and carpet condos, and as well as some industrial/loft style ones. Just West of downtown is an area call Browne's Addition. Brownes is fun area just blocks away from downtown Spokane. There beautiful old mansions there that have been converted into Condos and apartments as well as some new construction condos, though the prices of the new condos are a good jump above the conversions. Brownes also has a couple great restaurants and pubs as well as a coffee shop. My very favorite area in Spokane is the South Hill located just South of Spokane. This is the place if you are into turn-of-the-century homes, parks, tree lined streets, coffee shops. There are also some great neighborhoods on the NW side around the Audubon Park and Downriver golf course area.

I have been a Realtor here in Spokane for the last 6 or 7 years. When you come to town, let me know and I'll take you a little tour of the different areas depending on what it is that is important to you. If you want to start doing some looking around on your own, feel free to use my website http://www.SearchSpokaneHomes.com.

I'd like to hear more about your situation (when you are moving, what price range, what style of condo/home you are interested in, etc.). Send me an email with the best way to to contact you and we can set a time to meet up so I can show you around town. You can email me at mnilson@kw.com or call me on my cell phone at (509) 270-0123.

Marc Nilson
Keller Williams Realty Spokane
BethAnn Long, Agent, Spokane, WA
Mon Aug 1, 2011
Congrats on the job! :) There are some brand new condo's downtown, as well as re-furbished urban condo's. As a lifelong resident of Spokane, I would like to welcome you! :)
A lot will depend on your price range, and what era of condos you prefer. Here aresome of the neighboods for you to check out: :
Kendall Yards (new, downtown) Brownes addition (old vintage homes 5 minutes from downtown with condo conversions) South Hill: lots of charn and parks ( 10-15 min to downtown, depending on area), Downriver and Audobon/ Northwest ( 10 minutes to downtown, and the Perry and Garland districts are walkable, artistic areas. But it is best to have a guided tour before deciding which area is right for you. All of the ones I mentioned are close to town.Happy to help in any way,
Web Reference:  http://www.bethannhomes.com
Mark Jackson, Agent, Spokane, WA
Mon Aug 1, 2011
Good question, but many possible answers...

South Hill is the more trendy area, and Downtown the are many condo and urban lofts available. I live downtown in a loft and and enjoy the walking ability to downtown.

If you would like me to provide you with a private web page with area searches feel free to contact me.

Mark Jackson
509.496.3895
Windermere North
YourSpokaneAgent.com
Web Reference:  http://YourSpokaneagent.com