What are the HOA dues in the woodlands?

Asked by Lisa Ann Langlois Cote, Lake Wylie, SC Tue Jun 18, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://=www.trulia.com/property/3122110359-147-W-Golden-Arrow-Cir-T… target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">http://www.trulia.com/property/3122110359-147-W-Golden-Arrow…

Answers

10
Ryan King, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Jun 19, 2013
The total average tax rate for The Woodlands, TX, including: MUD, County, School District, and Township is:

$2.59 per $100 valuation last time I checked

This rate can vary depending on your county (Harris County or Montgomery County), your school district (Conroe ISD or Tomball ISD), your owners association, and other factors. These are recent tax figures to estimate average tax rates in The Woodlands. Please consult your local tax office to get exact figures.

More property tax information can be found at your county's taxing authority web site:
Montgomery County Central Appraisal District
Harris County Appraisal District

Don't know which county you live in? You can call the tax office with you with your specific area to find out.

The Woodlands Tax Office
1520 Lake Front Circle Map
The Woodlands, Texas 77380
(281) 292-3325
Darby Grimme…, Agent, Shenandoah, TX
Wed Jun 19, 2013
However, there are some little areas in The Woodlands that are under an HOA. But, the specific property you are referencing is simply subject to The Township.
Linda Startz,…, , The Woodlands, TX
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Hi Lisa,

As explained by prior responses, The Woodlands is now a Township so we no longer have HOA fees; we now have The Woodlands Township tax (for HOA matters) which is better because the taxes are tax deductible.

The Woodlands Township tax on 147 W. Golden Arrow Cir. was $553.72 in 2012, .3173% of the appraised value by Montgomery Central Appraisal District. Therefore, the Township tax can vary substantially, depending on the appraised value of each specific property.

Please call if I can be of assistance to you.

Linda Startz
281.682.4452
Brandy Snipp, Agent, The Woodlands, TX
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Since we are Township, we don't have HOA dues, but we do pay a Township fee. The fee runs about $1,000 per year and pays for all the community services.
Sara Duckett, Agent, The Woodlands, TX
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Hi Lisa, I guess you've figure out that The Woodlands no longer assesses a separate HOA fee. It has been incorporated into the tax rate. As another poster mentioned there are a few areas, mainly condo and patio home type neighborhoods, that do have a 'maintenance' assessment for keeping up the common areas and the fronts of the properties to maintain the look of the neighborhood.

Hope this helps. I'm always available to answer any questions you might have, without obligation, of course!

Sara Duckett
281-772-6155
Ivan Arjona, Agent, The Woodlands, TX
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Hello Lisa, On January 1st, 2010 The Woodlands Township fees ceased to be charges as an HOA fee. The cost is now part of the property taxes and it is 0.3173% of the home's assessed value. The biggest benefit to homeowners is of course the tax write off and as mentioned previously townhomes and a few sudsivisions do have their own HOA fees that cover exterior building insurance and maintenance of common grounds.
Should you have any additional questions please feel free to call, email or text us. As always, we're here to help.
Ivan & Natalia Arjona
(713)628-6061
natalia@ivanarjona.com
http://www.WoodlandsRealEstateOnline.com
RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring
Brenda Guyton, Agent, Spring, TX
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Please note that The Woodlands no longer has HOA dues. Please provide the subdivision(s) that you are interested in The Woodlands and I will be glad to send you some information on each one individually.

Brenda Guyton
StarCrest Realty
Cell 281-797-6684
Brenda Guyton, Agent, Spring, TX
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Please note that The Woodlands no longer has HOA dues. Please let me know which subdivision(s) in The Woodlands you are interested in and I will be more than glad to provide specific details on each one.
Brenda Guyton
StarCrest Realty
Cell 281-797-6684
Suzanne Lenf…, Agent, The Woodlands, TX
Tue Jun 18, 2013
There are no more HOA dues in The Woodlands. With that said, there are small neighborhoods that do have their own mandatory fees to help with the upkeep of certain areas.
Priyanka Joh…, Agent, The Woodlands, TX
Tue Jun 18, 2013
The Woodlands no longer has HOA dues. They are part of your taxes now. Only place you need to pay something like HOA is when you buy Town Home etc. And it differs from community to community what dues are for each one. For single family free standing homes we do not have HOA.
Hope this helps. If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me. I will be happy to answer. If I can help you find your new home please let me know.
Priyanka
Woodlands Eco Realty
832-277-3577
info@WoodlandsEcoRealtors.com