What are some affordable areas to buy a home near Secaucus, NJ?

Asked by kafarhan, Fredericksburg, VA Sun Sep 2, 2012

I am from the DC area and my husband was just offered a transfer to Secaucus. We would love to get out of this area but the cost of living might be a deal breaker. I am looking for a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath newer home with a back yard. I have young kids so a safe neighborhood and great schools are important to me. I would love to find something around $300,000 but $450,000 would be the highest I could go.
Thank you so much :)

Answers

2
Narik’s answer
Narik, , New Jersey
Mon Sep 3, 2012
I lived in Secaucus for 10 years and 3 months before our baby was due we moved out because the town is way too small and wasn't right for us to raise a family. We moved down to central jersey because thats where the towns met our needs with a 4 bedroom and our price point. You might consider looking in other towns other than secaucus , if you are looking for a more "suburban" home.

It is great town due to its proximity to NY and worked out well when I was single but
I wouldnt move back there now that I have kids.
Andrew Tisel…, Agent, clifton, NJ
Mon Sep 3, 2012
Hi

There are lots of areas.
Will you be in NJ anytime soon that we could meet for a free consultation
I am a relocation specialist.
Please contact me in either case
I would be happy to help your family for a new home.
Thank You. We were thinking about coming up Wednesday. I'll contact you if we do.
Flag Mon Sep 3, 2012