What are reasonable escrow fees for a 1 BR, $115K cash sale condo, zip 92110, 'as is', 21 day close?

Asked by Brahm Brahm, San Diego County, CA Thu Sep 23, 2010

Answers

8
Brook, , San Diego County, CA
Thu Aug 15, 2013
between 495, and 995. depends on your loan amount plus you can ask the other party to pay your closing escrow fees in the contract
Teambassler, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Sep 24, 2010

These figures are with West Coast Escrow here in San Diego. Remember these figures are estimated charges only.

With a purchase price of 115,000:

Escrow fees est. $600.00
Title charges est. $130.00
Recording fees est. $130.00
Loan tie in fee $250.00
misc charges. Notary, electronic docs, overnoght mail, Archival fee est. 4630.00

I hope this information helps. Best of luck and Congratulations on your new purchase.
Cory La Scala, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Sep 23, 2010
Hi Brahm,

Your escrow fees are administrative, but as a buyer, you'll also owe the prorated amounts for HOA fees, and property tax for the remainder of the tax installment period that you own the property. You can contact your escrow company to ask about fees they charge above the escrow fee, plus any prorated amounts and anything from title.
Homertsimpson, , San Diego, CA
Thu Sep 23, 2010
Hey Brahm, I think Jeffrey has a great link for you to follow; I;m not exactly clear if you're just asking for the actual "Escrow" fee estimate charges, or if you may also be looking for what the total charges for closing your escrow might be. What I mean by that is there are other fees then just the escrow fee, like Title, Recording, Doc Prep, Transfer Tax, Currier Fees, could be some Prorations, and maybe other deal specific charges which make up the total amount that Escrow must account for when drafting up a proper HUD-1 settlement statement.

I hope this helps you.
Web Reference:  http://www.HomeInfoToday.com
Jeffrey Doug…, , San Diego, CA
Thu Sep 23, 2010
Dear Brahm,

Below is a link to a closing.com where you can search for both escrow and title fees. I find this really hand to find competitive rates.
Web Reference:  http://www.closing.com/
Robert T. Bo…, , San Diego, CA
Thu Sep 23, 2010
We frequently use Title365 and their escrow fee is $450, but when you add in the notary and other expenses, it can add up to about $725. If you have access to AAA premium membership, you can usually get the notary work done for a whole lot less. And the approximate title cost is about $706, including recording fees.
Glenda Macre…, Agent, Pasco, WA
Thu Sep 23, 2010
Our escrow company charges $624.50. I hope that helps!
Constantine…, , San Diego, CA
Thu Sep 23, 2010
About $650 should be ok. Including doc prep fees etc.