What are new construction costs in Stafford?

Asked by Lance Waring, California Sun Sep 30, 2007

I'm getting a little frustrated with all these 1980's split-level style homes I am seeing and am considering building. Would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me the average cost per square foot for new construction in Stafford. I know there are a lot of variables, just looking for the average cost. Thank-you very much!

Answers

4
Lisa Frensley, Agent, Fredericksburg, VA
Sun Jan 20, 2013
On average, a new single family home in North Stafford will run into the upper 400s with minimal options, but average into the low to mid 500s for most buyers once the options are added. I'm referring to builders such as Beazer, Augustine, and Drees - they very nice new construction homes. Richmond American is slightly less. South Stafford, you have various options. DR Horton has a great community - 1 acre lots, but again you are looking at mid 500s. Fredericksburg is less (if you want to go further South). I deal in new construction and have built with 4 different builders myself between Stafford and Fredericksburg and just took clients out yesterday in fact looking at new construction. Don't go unrepresented to a builder - remember that the sales rep, while helpful, represents the builder. Make sure to have an agent represent your best interests.
Charles Hosk…, Agent, Stafford, VA
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Hello Lance, without more information on what type of home you would like it is hard to give you an answer. Please shoot me an email with your preferences and I will send you a full report on what fits you in the area. NO STRINGS ATTACHED. Just like to serve.
Melissa N, Home Buyer, Stafford, VA
Tue Aug 25, 2009
I am looking at homes right now. I have seen the homes starting at base in the upper $200s in Stafford for a new construction. Depending on what your price range, I have seen some newer homes in my price range. They do go very quick though so you have to act fast to get them.
Paul Eakin, Agent, Fredericksburg, VA
Mon Oct 1, 2007
Hi, Lance... thanks for your question. There is a wide range for new construction here in Stafford, say between $100-200+ per sq'. At this point I can't narrow it down much more than that because it depends on what you're looking to build i.e.
Home Style - one level vs. multi level
Exterior - vinyl siding vs. stone or brick
Upgrades - builder's grade or upgrades in kitchens, baths and flooring
Location - to commuter lots/trains and community ammenities
Well, you get the idea! If you can give me more specifics on what you want to build, I can get you a much more accurate number and send you some website links that you might find helpful.
I hope this helped a bit... have a GREAT day! Regards, Paul