Home Buying in Washington>Question Details

Scammedbydcj…, Home Seller in Washington, DC

What are my rights to 60 day extension to move following a Trustee Sale that I believe is fraudulent?

Asked by Scammedbydcjudgetrusteecoldwellbroker, Washington, DC Tue Jan 24, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Don Tepper’s answer
As Troy notes, DC is a very, very tenant-friendly city.

However, it's also incompetent and corrupt . . . a lethal combination. And judging from your user name, you may just be one of its recent victims. Depending on who your city councilman is, you may be able to get some support or advocacy from your councilman.

Hope that helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 24, 2012
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
To know your rights, the best person to ask is a local attorney who can quote you local law, state law and review your case. Good luck working things out
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 24, 2012
Not knowing the particulars of the situation, I would recommend you speak with the Office of the Tenant Advocate. DC is a very tenant friendly city so the onus will be on the landlord. Their telephone number is (202) 719-6560.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 24, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer