What are my options to qualify for a loan with a partner that has bad credit...?

Asked by My3kids, Mesa, AZ Fri Jun 7, 2013

My husband has several defaulted student loans that he only has begun paying on last month. He also has a small credit card that was just recently paid off but had been unpaid for several years. The only other things on his credit are several of my accounts where he is a user on my credit cards and one credit card that I make payments on for him to get credit. My credit is great however I only make 38k.

Answers

8
Ryan Moxley, Agent, chandler, AZ
Tue Jul 7, 2015
I have a lender that includes credit repair as part of the loan process. Give me a call and I will put you in touch with them.
Ryan Moxley
480-227-9143
Brad Potter, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Jul 2, 2013
If you are ready to take the time to sit down and develop a plan of action before interest rates rise get any higher. They are expected to rise another .5% in the next 4-6 months. Contact me today to get started as soon as tomorrow if you are ready.
Matt Penning…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Tue Jul 2, 2013
We work with a great local lender, who offers a variety of great loan programs.
If you would like more information, please feel free to contact my team or I at 480-751-5300!
John Acosta, , Gilbert, AZ
Fri Jun 7, 2013
I would recommend that you speak to a lender here in Chandler. They are not your typical lenders, they work with clients with a 600 Credit Score and up and have a higher income to debt ratio's that other lenders would not allow. Also he could advise your husband on how to maybe bring his credit score up to get a better rate. Please contact me @480-329-0413 directly or email me with any questions at: jacostaaz@gmail.com or to get the lenders information.
Brad Potter, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Fri Jun 7, 2013
I have a solution for you if you have a moment to talk. I have a specialized lender that deals with situations just like yours and until i have the exact details i cannot really give you a concrete answer in regards to your situation. So if you have time please contact me.
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Fri Jun 7, 2013
Have you spoken directly with a lender? He might have to stay off the loan if he will impact your ability to get approved.
Dawn Marthini, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Fri Jun 7, 2013
Unfortunately, the good credit of one buyer can't make up for the bad credit of the other, and that does mean you won't be able to count his income for qualifying. There are hard money options out there, but I would advise you to work on cleaning up his credit instead. It can be done in 1-2 years if you are diligent, and will probably cost you much less in the end.
Curly Sue, , Texas
Fri Jun 7, 2013
Sounds like you'll need to either buy what you can afford on your own or work on your husband's credit.