What are everyone's thoughts on the Detroit Shoreway / Gordon Square area?

Asked by Steve, Lakewood, OH Mon Apr 21, 2008

I found a great condo near West 58th and Detroit. What is appreciation going to be like over the next few years? The area looks like it is getting better based on all the new development going on around there. Sorry if this question is a dupe. I thought I posted this but now I can't find it.

Answers

4
hagerhouse, Both Buyer And Seller, Cleveland, OH
Wed Feb 19, 2014
Steve, if you are in position with funds now and smart enough to be inquiring in this area..Id Say BUY BUY BUY..it wouldn't be long the market is going to turn around and this area alone is already most desirable place to live. Its come along way and Im super impressed with the community and everything it has to offer now..no place like it!
Dennis, Home Buyer, Cleveland, OH
Tue May 31, 2011
I have lived in the Area for over 5 years and have had no issues. With the proximity to the lake and West Side Market there are only a handful of places like it in the World. The cost of living is very low. The Police are very deligent if you have a problem they are there in seconds. If this where any other city like Chicago or San Fran the houses would be worth 120,000 houses here would be worth $300,000
Dontbelievet…, Both Buyer And Seller, Cleveland, OH
Fri Sep 17, 2010
I lived on Bridge Avenue between West 65th and West 58th for just over two years. I moved out in August of 2010 because the crime has been terrible. Our home was broken into in September of 2009, there have been multiple cars broken into, and two weeks before we moved the police arrested a guy in my backyard. He had a loaded gun. Don't be fooled by the new townhouses. Alot of them have been on the market for more than a year. My neighbor had his house for sale for the entire time I lived in mine and he didn't get a nibble. Go and ask the Second District Police for the crime stats. This neighborhood is unsafe and dangerous. The hype of the "Detroit Shoreway" is a joke. There are some cute shops and good restaurants on Detroit Rd. but trust me, you don't want to live there.
David Willia…, , Cleveland, OH
Mon Apr 28, 2008
Steve, it is tough to predict what, if any, appreciation you will see on property in the future. With the great interest rates we are seeing at this time in NE Ohio, and if you are in a position to buy, I would highly consider doing so. I ran into someone at the bank just last week who bought in this area and so far is very happy with the area. I would be very interested in speaking with you further to see if you feel I could be of help representing you in your purchase. You can contact me direct at 216-276-4297 or by visiting my website below.