What are buyers saying they want to see right now? And are you finding it in Longmont?

Asked by Suz A, Longmont, CO Fri Jun 22, 2012

Answers

3
Suz A, Agent, Longmont, CO
Sat Jun 23, 2012
Very eye-opening, Michael. I concur on the low-end. I sell mostly investor properties and some folks have bought a few these this year. I also had a buyer for a foreclosure. She's very happy she acted when she did. That reminds me, I need to stop by and see what she has done with the place. It needed paint and a few other minor fixes.
Michael Sant…, Agent, Longmont, CO
Sat Jun 23, 2012
All the BUYERS want to obtain LOANS, but our government has yet to release the regs enough to seriously make any effect(s) on the housing market. Currently there appears to be a temp glitch in low end inventory, it is also moving off the market quickly, and the prices have increased drastically in the last few month since around the end March of March, BUT we are set to break records this next quarter for most forclosures ever (according to Denver Post or should we say Denver poop?) So really in Feb I bought a 3 bed 2 bath 2 car home in Longmont for 83,500 now I can even touch that for 120,000 for real! Check out (& please like) Budget Realty Colorado on Facebook and follow me and my post to keep updated on the market. Better yet call me 303-772-7997 to make a purchase and hold off a few weeks on the purchase as I am expecting yet another market flux and reset (or two) before this year is over, as I have already capitalized upon the 44% increase in pricing this year, why haven't you? I believe the market here is changing weekly if not daily, I also believe the REALTORS that are left after this economic downturn (since 2007-2008) (we were reduced in numbers by about 1/2) have become lazy and lost. I felt I was in Nov of last year, as I went from 9 deals a month two two deals a year, so many of us are doing other things as well to survive. Ask how many deals Your Realtor has closed this year, last etc... Also check if he/she has closed any short slae properties and how many HUD Homes they closee a month/year, as I feel these are needed skill for any Realtor these days. Good Luck & God Bless...
The April Ne…, Agent, Loveland, CO
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Hey there,

BUYERS ARE WANTING HOUSES FOR SALE!! The inventory is crazy low!

Other than that, usable square footage is very important, and having room for expansion. I think buyers are planning on staying in the homes for a longer period of time than has been the case in times past. Also it seems like a larger lot / land is something that several of my buyers currently are interested in. And for those that are in the baby boomer years - enjoying their surroundings with quality outdoor living areas is a big plus.

I'm looking forward to what others have to say on this topic!

April Neuhaus
Neuhaus Real Estate, Inc.