What are all the taxes in Pa. for owning a home or condo? I know there are school taxes and city taxes.

Asked by Kathy Taylor, York, PA Tue Jan 28, 2014

From what I am researching the taxes can be fairly high. We pay personal property taxes in Va. and if a person is 65 or older they can receive a deduction in those taxes. Thank you.

Answers

3
Russ Malehorn, Agent, York, PA
Tue Jan 28, 2014
I don't know about the rest of Pa but in York County there are School taxes, County Taxes, and Municipal taxes, taxes when you buy and taxes when you sell. We just love taxes. They are different for all Counties and the municipal taxes are different in each municipality. You can google R/E taxes or Transfer Taxes for each specific county or municipality for more detailed info, or if your buying in York County, just contact me.
Now if your comparing taxes from one state to another. Remember our sales tax is only 6%. Factor that in when your comparison shopping the overall tax picture.
Hope that helps. Russ
Diane Billin…, Agent, Shrewsbury, PA
Tue Jan 28, 2014
You do not pay state income tax on retirement income in PA.
And real estate taxes ARE deductible if you itemize.
I would contact a qualified CPA or accountant who can more fully answer tax questions.
Brett Rager, Agent, York, PA
Tue Jan 28, 2014
We pay three taxes. School tax, County and Municipal. The taxes are based off assessments from the tax office. Each home can be a little different but are usually close when in same condo association or neighborhood.

If you have a certain area that you are looking in I can research your taxes and let you know what they will be when you move in.

Call me at 717-542-9153 or email me at brager@prudentialhomesale,com

Brett Rager
Prudential Bob Yost Homesale Services