What are Bridgewater Cons?

Asked by Ketu, Bridgewater, NJ Sat Dec 29, 2012

Answers

6
Sandra O'Kee…, Agent, Bridgewater, NJ
Sun Dec 30, 2012
I'm a resident of Bridgewater and I do love it here. The only "con" I can think to mention is that some people feel the high school is too big, which can be overwhelming, and that students with special interests (art, sports, etc.) face increased competition to participate in their activity of choice.

Quoting Lee Ann: Some say the taxes are high.( I have never heard any homeowner praise taxes.)
Awesome answer, Lee Ann!
Ketu, Home Buyer, Bridgewater, NJ
Mon Dec 31, 2012
Hi Lee Ann,

Bus or Train both are ok for me. Walking distance not more than 1 mile. I am currently loooking at area of Prospect Avenue, Bridgewater, NJ, but still searching for better.

I hope this specifies little more.

Ketu
Lee Ann Mela…, Agent, Bridgewater, NJ
Mon Dec 31, 2012
Katu,
In my 30 years experience, it is very safe.
I live in the Martinsville section, north of Rte.22 and south of Rte. 78. I have walked late at night and run 5 miles every morning between 4-5 AM and have never feared being by myself.
You can contact the Bridgewater Police, let them know you are looking to move here and ask them for stats. They are very helpful. You'll need to tell them which section you are interested in moving to.
Bridgewater is a big town, so be specific.

Bridgewater Police Department
100 Commons Way
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
(908)-722-4111

No town is desirable if the crime rate is high. And Bridgewater has always been desirable as long as I can remember.

As for walking distance to shopping, mass transit & parks: Every section of Bridgewater has parks. How far is the walk you are willing to do?

If you want to walk to Mass transit: are you talking bus or train? The bus line runs along Rte. 28 & Rte 22. The train is by the Baseball stadium, which is accross the street from Target.

There is also a section of Bridgewater next to Raritan. Raritan has a train station, as well.

I am not sure where you are looking to move to. We can be more helpful, if you are more specific.

Lee Ann
Hi Lee Ann,

I hope this specifies little more.

Ketu
Flag Mon Dec 31, 2012
Ketu, Home Buyer, Bridgewater, NJ
Sun Dec 30, 2012
Thanks for quick replies and information.

I am looking for information such as
How is safety, can people walk at 11:00pm without any fear
How convinent it is without car- Shopping/Parks in Walking distance, public transportation
How is poppulation: Well educated and friendly?
Lee Ann Mela…, Agent, Bridgewater, NJ
Sun Dec 30, 2012
Ketu,
I have lived in Bridgewater for almost 30 years. I have seen it turn from a small town to a large one.
Brigewater is a very desirable area with easy commuting anywhere in the state via many highways (78, 22, 202/206, 287) and the train.
Good employment opportunities in the area with high tech, communication and pharma companies in and surrounding Bridgewater. Shopping, recreation, restaurants and parks.are all here.
The schools are also very good and award winning.
Due to these any many other positives, the town has grown considerably. The town services & infrastucture had to grow as well.

The cons are very subjective. It all depends on what your ideal for a community is.
Some say the taxes are high.( I have never heard any homeowner praise taxes.)
Some feel the town has over developed and grown too fast.
Others feel there needs to be more housing to meet the high demand for our town.

Here are some links where you can gather general information.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgewater_Township,_New_Jersey
http://bridgewatertwpnj.org/
http://www.co.somerset.nj.us

If you have specific concerns or questions, please ask and I will guide you to resouces to get the answers.

Lee Ann
Hi Lee Ann, thanks for quick reply.

I am looking for information such as
Flag Sun Dec 30, 2012
Keith Jean-P…, Agent, East Brunswick, NJ
Sat Dec 29, 2012
Dear Ketu:

You are going to have to be more specific regarding the cons of Bridgewater. The topic is very broad. Let me know and hopefully I will be able to further assist.