What about the air quality and cow smell in Maricopa Meadows, Maricopa,az?

Asked by Barbara J Borer, Avon Lake, OH Sun Sep 19, 2010

Answers

7
legaldeb’s answer
legaldeb, Home Buyer, Payson, AZ
Tue Aug 14, 2012
DO NOT buy a home in Maricopa period; especially if you have or your children have any respiratory issues. We bought a home four years ago and i was fine for a couple years and then started gettting ill all the time with lung infections and eventually hospitalizations. This is a cautionary tale and please heed my advice; thankfully, I started looking around the internet and found the horrible reports and we are gone but trust me it was hellish and I had no idea why i was so ill all the time.
Bea Lueck…, Agent, Casa Grande, AZ
Sun Sep 19, 2010
Boy, that's a hard question to answer!
For information about the air quality, you can check with Pinal County Air Quality at
http://www.pinalcountyaz.gov/Departments/AirQuality/Pages/Ho…
One item currently under debate is PM10 and PM2.5 particulates. Remember Maricopa is surrounded by desert. It is hard, even for the Government, to regulate blowing wind and dust.

Cow smell - that's a subjective answer. My family has lived in the Maricopa area since the late 1970s. I don't normally notice "cow smell". Others notice an odor miles away. That's going to depend on you.
Bea Lueck
Rox Real Estate
Casa Grande, AZ
Good for you, if you have Netflix I highly suggest watching Cowspiracy
Flag Thu Feb 18, 2016
Randy Hooker, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Sun Sep 19, 2010
Hey Gretta, "Do you like the smell of them cows?"

Gretta responds, "No, Burl, I hate the smell of them cows! How about you?"

Burl responds, "Yes, Gretta, I love the smell of them cows! But... I hate the smell of them chickens. How about you?"

Gretta responds. "Them chickens don't bother me none, Burl, but the sound of that train gets under my skin! How about you?"

Burl responds, "What train?!?!?"
Good for you, if you have Netflix I highly suggest watching Cowspiracy and Earthlings
Flag Thu Feb 18, 2016
Diana Lara F…, Home Buyer, Washington, PA
Tue Sep 24, 2013
I just visited laveen last week September 2013 while house hunting and the air smelled so much like cow that we didn't even bother to actually look at the house.
Dagmar Mouri…, , Chandler, AZ
Sun Jan 2, 2011
the City of Maricopa has bought the land and more than half of the cows were moved already. I think the City is planning on moving the other cows out as well. I sometimes notice the smell in the evenings but it's not too bad.
Aziz & Debor…, Agent, Maricopa, AZ
Mon Sep 20, 2010
Hello Barbara,

To further answer your question about the cow smell in the area, the cows are in the process of moving from the City of Maricopa. Here is the article:
http://www.inmaricopa.com/NEWS/NewsArticleDetails.aspx?Artic…
We are a local brokerage; if there is anything else you need, please feel free to contact me.
Deborah Farhat
Designated Broker
Farhat & Associates
deb@farhathomes.com
Web Reference:  http://www.farhathomes.com
the page is no longer there
Flag Thu Feb 18, 2016
Greg Urroz, , Phoenix, AZ
Mon Sep 20, 2010
It is always sound advice to contact the appropriate government agency to get answers on specific questions that may be material to you. Bea's recommendation below to contact the Pinal County Air Quality is an excellent recommendation. As for the smell of cows there is a large, (very large) cattle farm south east of the town of Maricopa. Depending on the wind direction the town of Maricopa can be effected. I have experienced the smell of cows in all subdivisions located in Maricopa, however, in all honesty it was only really bad one day in the winter after a very heavy rain. Hope this helps, if I can be of any further assistance please call me at 480 620-2024. Greg Urroz, CRS.
Web Reference:  http://www.gergurroz.com
There is actually about 6 cow farms surrounding Maricopa City. Since animal protein and animal vitamin A is bad for us, go vegan and good by cow problem
Flag Thu Feb 18, 2016