What about if the Seller is not performing due to an incompetent real estate agent? I want to send a notice to perform Thanks

Asked by Razor, 90712 Tue Oct 6, 2009

We are closing Escrow. funds wired to Escrow. But seller has not finished 3 documents in order to finish the
deal. I want to send a notice to the Seller to perform. pls send me a sample of a letter to perform thanks

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Hassan Sabba…, Agent, Campbell, CA
Tue Feb 14, 2012
I would recommend calling broker and consulting with a Real Estate Lawyer before taking any action.
Web Reference:  http://www.homenet123.com
0 votes
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Wed Dec 9, 2009
Sure, I'll have my pigeon fly it on over to you.
0 votes
Kimberly Pab…, , Long Beach, CA
Wed Dec 9, 2009
Are you the Buyer or the Buyer's agent?
0 votes
Jamie Durity, Agent, Cerritos, CA
Wed Oct 7, 2009
First of all, who is representing you? Do you have your own agent or is the seller's agent doing a dual agency for both of you? If you have your own agent, I am surprised that he or she is not taking the initiative to prepare the Notice to Perform on your behalf. This is not a document that you as the buyer should be completing on your own. Unfortunately, escrow companies being "neutral" parties do not typically involve themselves with issuing this C.A.R (California Assoc. of Realtors) document. Escrow uses their own documents and will place a call to the seller and/or his agent on your behalf, but usually that is about all that you can expect from them. There are some missing pieces to this puzzle that I would need answers to before directing you any further. Mainly, I would like to know if the documents that the seller is reluctant to shign have anything to do with items that they are not in agreance with. This may be the reason for the lack of cooperation. Please be specific as to what "3" documents you are referring to. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to call me at 562-843-1843. I am an active agent in your zip code 90712- Lakewood. My office is actually in Cerritos. Thank you, Jamie Durity
Web Reference:  http://www.jamiedurity.com
0 votes
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Wed Oct 7, 2009
Call the agent's broker & demand that this be done today!
0 votes
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Wed Oct 7, 2009
Call your escrow officer.
Ask them for assistance.
Then call your Realtor's broker and explain the problem.

One of these should get action. The broker will not be paid until this is handled.
0 votes
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue Oct 6, 2009
Dear Seller,
Your potential buyer.

Seriously, you're going about this the wrong way. The Seller is the Principal to the transaction, not the Seller's Agent. If the Escrow company cannot get the Seller to perform, neither your agent nor the Seller's agent is going to change that.

After you have received the opinions of your agent and your agent's broker, then it may be worthwhile consulting an attorney who specializes in residential real estate.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more