Home Buying in Sedona>Question Details

LaHoupppa, Home Buyer in Sedona, AZ

What Zip Code or Area in Sedona can one live that is in walking distance to stores and restaurants?

Asked by LaHoupppa, Sedona, AZ Sun Apr 14, 2013

Answers

8
You should check out http://www.WalkScore.com, it tells you the distance from a property to all local amenities.

Chris
We live in West Sedona near Coffee Pot Drive and Sunset Drive.
You do not need a car in this area. Everything is within about 10 blocks of here.
There are supermarkets, Natural food stores, drug stores, movie theaters, thrift shops, doctors and dentists, churches, virtually everything one could ever need.
We love living in Sedona since we moved from Minneapolis Mn.
Wonderful weather with four moderate seasons, lower taxes and living costs and nice people. Also extremely safe.
I live in Uptown which is the area just behind the shops at the Hyatt and Uptown shops. West Sedona is to the West of Uptown and South on 179 past Hillside to the Chapel area.. all are in Zip Code 86336. Each of the areas mentioned have stores and restaurants
Hi Pino & Michelle,

You are currently posting to the page for Home Buying in Sedona. Prescott is about an hour and fifteen minutes away, and over the mountain. It is also a completely different Multiple Listing Service. Jonathan gave pretty good advice for a Metro or city location such as Phoenix....not sure how accurate they are for the outlying areas. You could start with Walkscore, but I suggest you also re-post your question to the Prescott page, as you'll likely get better local information from a Prescott-based agent.

Best of luck in your search,

Beth
One website you can use is Walkscore - it rates areas by how walkable they are, which sounds like it would fit what you're looking for.
Thank you very much Jonathan for suggesting the web site. I appreciate it.
We are going to try it and see what happens.
Flag Thu Aug 8, 2013
We also are interested in finding out what area is considered fairly close to services such as: hospital, restaurants, stores, open-air markets, supermarkets, pharmacies, parks etc. in Prescott.
Online Prescott seems the perfect area for retirement. I think further information regarding the city of Prescott would be highly valuable to me and my wife who are planning to move to Prescott in the near future.
We would appreciate and look forward to hearing from anyone who has first hand experience living in Prescott.

We thank you most sincerely,

Pino & Michelle
Good afternoon, LaHoupppa;
What an interesting name. There must be a charming story to it.

You asked what zip codes in Sedona can one use to find properties that are walking distance to services. Unfortunately, Sedona is not on the grid that way. Our zip codes are 86336 for most of Sedona, 86351 for those properties located South of Sedona in the Village of Oak Creek which is part of the unincorporated area known as Sedona, but not within the city limits, and 86339, and 86340 for Post Office boxes.

The best way to answer your question is to suggest that you purchase a street map from the Sedona Chamber of Commerce for the Sedona area. I believe the Chamber sell those maps for the sum of $4.00.

The commercial corridors are located North and South of Highway 89A and East and West of Highway 179. The next step is to search for grocery stores, banks, whatever services you're interested in and locate them on your map.

With map in hand, when you think you found a property that you're interested in, locate the address of that property on your map and determine for yourself how far it is from the services you wish to frequent.

I'm here to help you. Just let me know how I can be of further service. Helping folks reach the real estate solutions that will make them smile has been my passion since 1978. You can find out more about me and my qualifications by looking me up on LinkedIn.

Bye for now,
Nora
Northern Shadows Realty, Inc.
Hi LaHouppa,

Zip codes aren't a useful search criteria in the greater Sedona area because each covers areas that are less dense and would not be within walking distance of services. I suggest a map search using a radius tool from whatever you'd like to be close to. Many websites have them, including mine. Start with your general search criteria (beds, baths, price etc) and the areas you'd like to focus on. I suggest "Uptown Sedona", West Sedona" and "Village of Oak Creek", which all contain areas that fit your description.

Or....find yourself a good local agent that knows the area and can guide you ;^)
Web Reference: http://www.Move2Sedona.com