We would like to know what home seller's are looking for in a Realtor?

Asked by Bill Barkley, San Antonio, TX Tue Apr 22, 2014

Specifically, what are the traits of a Realtor you consider most important? What services do you consider the most valuable?

Answers

2
Cyndee Fisher, Home Buyer, San Antonio, TX
Thu May 29, 2014
HONESTY, HONESTY, HONESTY. Used car salesmen need not apply. I have worked with three different realtors and all of them were about the same thing: their wallets. I know what I can afford, what I want and where I want to live. I cannot stand an individual who thinks they know what is best for me, when they do not know who I am or what I am about. I know what I can afford and if you can't understand that, then BYE...
Excellent point Cyndee. It is vital for an experienced Realtor to take the time to sit down and spend time to gather information from a client in order to get to know the well. Only at that point can they 'guide' and not 'steer' their client to certain choices of homes. For of course, in the end, the choice is yours and you are the one that lives with it. Thank you for your feed back.
Flag Thu May 29, 2014
donoghuekath…, Home Buyer, San Antonio, TX
Mon Apr 28, 2014
Someone who really listens to the needs of the buyer and does not try to oner sale them. Akthough a person may qualify to pay more; that price may not allow them and their family to really enjoy the home; in the end they will resent the realtor and absolutely will not recommend them to others. The trend is to show people the maximum price they qualify for, so buyer beware, do your homework, You tell them what you are comfortable paying, regardless of the amount you are approved for and don't forget the home insurance, property taxes, the lener insurance on FHA, the loan origination fees..... there are all kinds of hidden costs. Prequalify before you even shop around for a home. Interest rates change all the time. The person prequalifying you should explain this as well as the fees I mentioned above, otherwise you may be placing you and your family in a very stressful situation that will haunt you for a very long time. Remember; you can buy less expensive and learn to do the work yourself and have it your way. You need a Realtor who really cares about your concerns and not just making the sale. DO NOT sign a contract with a realtor until you feel they are working towards you and your family's best interest, not just the almighty dollar because this will more than likely be one of the largest investments you will make in your life.
Excellent, excellent advice. Thank you for that. YES... there are many parts involved in a home payment 1) Principal 2) Interest 3) Mortgage Insurance [if required] 4) Taxes 5) Home Owners Association and let's not forget - Maintenance. An owner must keep up the house if he wants it to retain it's value or increase. The part about speaking to a lender first is absolutely vital so you know exactly where one stands in order to support the list of costs I just spelled out. Thank you for your insight and feed back..... Blessings
Flag Thu May 29, 2014