We would like to buy in 6 months. Can anybody help us?

Asked by wannabuy, 22192 Sun Sep 16, 2012

Hello! My husband and I would like to purchase in the next 6 months. Our total combined monthly income is over $9,000; around $8,000 from salary, and $1020 in child support and VA disability. His current score is 674; mine is 610. I anticipate my score raising to at least 670 by April. He already has a VA certificate of eligibility, so now what? We would love to live in Eagles Pointe..specifically the Colorado model..new or used.

Answers

19
Carol McCart…, Agent, Woodbridge, VA
Sun Sep 16, 2012
You have a wonderful foundation for purchasing a very nice home in Northern Virginia. There are certain steps to in preparation before venturing out to look at homes.

One of the first to to speak with a lender who can give you an idea of how much of a loan you would qualify for. This doesn't necessarily mean that you should purchase for that amount. You may qualify for more than you're comfortable budgeting toward a mortgage.

Then you have to speak with an agent (such as myself :) ) to go through some of the steps involved. One of the most important is to find out what is important to you in purchasing a home.
Things that you may consider:
-Location pertaining to schools, commute, ammenities etc
-Size. Detached home? Townhouse, small yard, large yard, how many bedrooms and baths
-Age of home
-Condition-move in ready, or purchase a home that needs work and invest in sweat equity (that doesn't work for everyone).
Here is the link for the home search on my webpage: http://www.househunterforyou.com/Web/AR418586/Home/index/1?I…
Or give me a call: 703-338-1129
Johnny James, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Mon Nov 19, 2012
Congratulations I hope everything works out for you.
Stephanie Ha…, , Fairfax, VA
Fri Nov 16, 2012
Congratulations! Thank you for providing an update.

Best Wishes and again, Congrats!

Stephanie Hardman
Keller Williams Capital Properties
Web Reference:  http://www.buysaleva.com
Chad Gray, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fri Nov 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide an update!

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
754-300-6040

100% of clients rated our service as "EXCELLENT"!
http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/what-clients-are-saying/

.
wannabuy, Home Buyer, 22192
Fri Nov 16, 2012
Thanks everyone for your responses! We found a fantastic realtor, and we're having our dream home built!
Johnny James, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Looks like you are headed in the right direction get approved with your lender and find a good realtor.
juliealbert75, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Tue Sep 18, 2012
We would be happy to help you. My son Mark is also a disabled Army veteran, I would help you to purchase your new home - hopefully in prime location of London. I suggest you to meet with a reputable real estate firm and find your exact requirement.

You are not obligated to use them and there is no charge but the lender will be able to discuss various types of financing that will work for you, down payment required and your total monthly payment. They can also answer any questions you may have regarding things you can do to get the credit score moved higher. In my opinion you can take help of Plaza estate agent to find affordable and best properties in prime location of London like Marylebone.

http://www.plazaestates.co.uk/properties-for-sale-in-marylebone
, ,
Tue Sep 18, 2012
Good morning,

Please accept my "THANK YOU!" for your husband for his Service to our Nation!

I've helped Veterans for 23 years as a mortgage professional here in New York. Here's my advice to you:

Good morning Victoria and THANK you and your husband for your service to our nation!

I've been helping Veterans here in New York for 23 years as a mortgage professional. Here's my advice to you:

1. Visit the VA website and look up Local Mortgage Bankers that are VA Approved near you. Work with a Mortgage Banker, not a regular bank; you'll find a much higher level of service. Here's the link: http://www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/

2. Verify the License of your Mortgage Banker on the National Mortgage Licensing System website, nmlsconsumeraccess.com Be sure to verify the employment history of the Loan Officer; you want to work with someone who has been in the business 15 years or longer.

All the best to you!
Trevor Curran
Cindy Fox, Agent, Woodbridge, VA
Mon Sep 17, 2012
I would like to help you purchase your new home - hopefully in Eagles Point. I suggest you meet with a reputable lender - I can send you some names and contact info. You are not obligated to use them and there is no charge but the lender will be able to discuss various types of financing that will work for you, down payment required and your total monthly payment. They can also answer any questions you may have regarding things you can do to get the credit score moved higher.
You can contact me at - cindy.fox@longandfoster.com or 703-986-5745 and I will be happy to provide information to you and send you listings that are currently available so you will have an idea of what you will see when you are ready to purchase. I look forward to working with you. Cindy Fox
Nathan Corye…, Agent, Alexandria, VA
Mon Sep 17, 2012
If your buying in Eagles Pointe (KHOV Builder) your best bet is to use their Lender instead of your own because you will get at least $10K in closing cost assistance! Which is an extra 10 grand you will not need to bring with you to settlement! However, if you use your own lender like others are suggesting then you will not get the closing costs assistance! (Obviously this only applies to you purchasing New Build Colorado model) Also, when you buy in that subdivision you will notice that you receive a better negotiation on your deal towards the end of the month! Especially, if they didnt hit their targeted sales goals for that month! Then there is a little more flexibility from them to throw in some additional bonuses!
Dwayne Moyers, Agent, Woodbridge, VA
Sun Sep 16, 2012
We will join the crowd here. We are full-time experienced agents. We have an extensive background in new home sales representing builders and buyers. We have worked in Woodbridge for several years as real estate agents, and with the Prince William County Police Department, and we have sold numerous KHovnanian Homes (including the Colorado). For loan qualification we recommend Kim Ramey with George Mason Mortgage (703) 580-0954.

Good luck with relocating to Northern Virginia. Feel free to contact us at anytime.

Maryanne Moyers, Associate Broker
Dwayne Moyers, Realtor
Top 2% of Realtors Nationwide
Long and Foster Realtors (Woodbridge Office)
http://www.MoyersTeamBlog.com
http://www.dwaynemoyers,lnfre.com
Web Reference:  http://www.TheMoyersTeam.com
Jennifer Riv…, Agent, Fort Belvoir, VA
Sun Sep 16, 2012
We would be glad to help you. My husband Carlos is also a disabled Army veteran; we work as a team of realtors and most of our clients are military. We have sold homes in the Eagles Point area, and can't blame you for loving the Colorado; it is Kov's largest in the community, love the 2 story family room and HUGE kitchen. Please contact us, we can also help with lenders who can help and we can help with closing costs.
Jennifer & Carlos Rivera
Realtors & Veterans; Licensed in Virginia
Quantico Realty Group LLC
A division of Move4Free Realty LLC
Multi-Million Dollar Club Member, Top Producer
http://www.Quanticorealtygroup.com
Cellular: (571)208-2349
Janet M Lange, Agent, Centreville, VA
Sun Sep 16, 2012
Dear Wannabuy and Disabled Veteran,

First of all -- thank you for your service to our country. Yes, there is HOPE! Call me and I will give you the name of a lender who specializes with case scenarios such as yours. I will also be happy to help you with your purchase.

Most sincerely,

Janet Lange
Avery-Hess, REALTORS
Military Relocation Specialist
Janet@JanetLange.com
571-722-4348
Daniel, , Baton Rouge, LA
Sun Sep 16, 2012
Contact a Loan Officer, get pre-qualified then ASK your loan officer who he prefers to work with.. there are alot of really bad Realtors out there

good luck
Doug Woodruff, Agent, King George, VA
Sun Sep 16, 2012
I would be very happy to help you and guide you through the process. Please give me a call @ 540-220-1875.
Bonner_jim, Home Buyer, Woodbridge, VA
Sun Sep 16, 2012
Please call me or email me. I can help you find a home in Eagles Pointe. Thanks, and have a nice day.

James Bonner, Professional Realtor, CDRS, CSSBR, SFR
Avery-Hess Realtors, LLC
13000 Harbor Dr
Woodbridge, Va. 22192
(571) 723-2337
email jbonner@averyhess.com, sales@woodbridgereo.com
WEB URL jbonnerreassoc.listingbook.com, greaterwoodbridgeproperties.com, jimbonner.averyhess.com, woodbridgevareo.com
“We Satisfy Our Clients”
Bonner_jim, Home Buyer, Woodbridge, VA
Sun Sep 16, 2012

I am a liceensed Virginia Realtor and can help you purchase a home. Please contact me so that I can get the information necessary to do a search on MRIS for and forward the home listings to you to choose from. I look forward to working with you. Have a nice day.

Avery-Hess Realtors, LLC
13000 Harbor Dr
Woodbridge, Va. 22192
(571) 723-2337

“We Satisfy Our Clients”
Karen Krusch…, Agent, Woodbridge, VA
Sun Sep 16, 2012

Eagles Pointe is a wonderful community and the Colorado is a large home in the Executive Series. I have sold homes in Eagles Pointe. At this time, there is one Colorado model on the market. It is a short sale with no guarantee as to when it might actually go to settlement. There may be others available by the time you are ready to buy. There are currently no released lots upon which a new Colorado can be built, but there are lots that will be released in the coming weeks that will take a Colorado model for likely delivery in the spring months just when you will be ready. Of course, there are other models in the Executive Series as well.

You are doing exactly what you should be doing now., making plans and getting everything in order so that you can buy without delay when you are ready. It is great that your husband already has his VA certificate of eligibility . Now is the time to select a Realtor to guide you effortlessly through the home buying process. If you buy a new home, it is likely you will acquire your loan through the builder's lender in order to qualify for their incentives, but if you buy a resale home you will have to find a lender to handle the financial part of your real estate transaction. I am very well qualified to assist with the entire process and can help you locate the best lender for your situation as well.

Contact me so we can get started.

Karen Kruschka
RE/MAX Olympic Realty
9214 Center St.
Manassas, VA 20110
Office (703) 881-4404
Residence (703) 499-9279
karen@e-virginiarealestate.com
http://www.e-virginiarealestate.com
Experience Isn't Expensive - It's Priceless
Mary Ann Cam…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Sun Sep 16, 2012
I would be happy to help you. I will set up a plan of action to reach your six month goal. I would like to meet with you and go over the plan. Can you meet this week? Please give me a call or email me.

Creating homeownership one home at a time.

Mary Ann Campbell, Realtor®
Virginia Heritage Homes
Long and Foster
13875 Hedgewood Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22193
Phone: 703 398-6366
Fax: 703 583-7655
maryann@virginiaheritagehomes.com
http://www.virginiaheritagehomes.com
Licensed in Virginia