Dear Rock & Roll,
The Answer is yes you can...but i have a few ques/things you need to think about:
1. Where do you reside? in CA too, or another State?
2. Talk to your CPA for any Tax implications you may have.......and your Attorney re Title.
3. If you are gifting the Down Payment to your daughter, you will have to provide a Gift letter, if she is Initially buying it on her own.
4. Will she be solely responsible for the Mortgage Payments? - Loan in her name only?
5. She can take the Loan in her name only, get the Down Payment from you as a "gift", with the gift letter for the Lender, and also to track where the money came from- to her....so you may also have to provide the Bank Statement from which it came, and she provide the Bank Statement into which it got deposited (paper trail)....
5. If you want to be on Title, why not from the Start, together??
6. Yes, whichever Title CO. you close at for the property you buy, they can help you to fill out a form, a small fee, and get your names added on Title. All do-able!
I serve Palo Alto, most of the Bay area (work By Referral) and will be happy to take exceptional care of all of your Real Estate needs. Please do check out my website, and contact me if you so choose.
All the Best, always, Regards,