We were thinking of buying a 2nd home as we are thinking of retirement in about a year

Asked by Cassidy, Meredith, NY Thu Aug 9, 2012

Answers

5
Kellie M. Place Century 21’s answer
Kellie M. Pl…, Agent, Oneonta, NY
Sat Aug 25, 2012
Looking to purchase in beautiful upstate NY? I would be more than glad to help you whenever you are ready. Feel free to give me a call anytime if you have questions. My office number is 607-432-7653 ext. 102. I look forward to hearing from you! Kellie
Dave Cornwell, Agent, Walton, NY
Sun Apr 7, 2013
My name is Dave Cornwell and I am a licensed sales agent with DT Ogden Real Estate. I have been in the area all my life, have been blessed with a beautiful family and many friends, and also feel very confident in helping others with real estate questions or purchasing a home. Please call me if you have any questions regarding your search for your home. You can reach me at 607 437-8941 (cell) anytime. I always encourage all my buyers to ask as many questions as possible and check out many homes before purchasing one. I wish you the best and hope to hear from you.

Dave Cornwell
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Aug 9, 2012
If you would like to buy that second home no reason not to consider the idea now...
Thomas Brady, Agent, Plainview, NY
Thu Aug 9, 2012
If you are thouroughly familiar with the area you are going to purchase in, then by all means go ahead. If you are going to purchase in an area that you aren't very familiar with I would suggest that you rent there for a year before buying. I'm a retired police lieutenant and many of my former co-workers bought retirement homes based solely on financial considerations, and internet searches (some states don't tax our pensions) not sight unseen, but almost. And I believe about 60% have regretted the move. In most areas if the housing market is recovering it's a slow process, you shouldn't lose much if you rent for a year, it might save you a lot of money in the end. Good luck!
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES, GREEN, BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
Cindy Rosen, Agent, Montgomery, AL
Thu Aug 9, 2012
If you are retiring now is the time to buy that home! Low prices, low interest rates don't wait too long there is a surge in the market and very low inventory if you found something and can manage two homes then I would not wait!