We want to sell but it's a hassle to pack up my twin toddlers and leave every time it is shown. Can we buy a home and the agent buy our's?

Asked by Ks, North Little Rock, AR Mon Feb 6, 2012

Answers

2
Marie Norman, Agent, Fort Smith, AR
Tue Feb 7, 2012
I can completely understand packing you twin toddlers for any reason it's not easy. But the chances of an Agent buying your house is very unlikely. However, if you can buy another before selling yours that would be the best thing to do. But if you can't, just let your Agent know that you will need 24hrs notice before showing and that you want only pre qualified buyers so you only get buyers not just "thinkers". I know with small children we don't have time to do the deep cleaning but be sure your house is clean, clean, clean! That means base boards dust free and back yard toys organized. It makes a big difference to a buyer. You want to make your house show the best so it will sell faster in this down market. I wish you the Best!
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Mon Feb 6, 2012
Very unlikely. If it is being shown a lot and no offers that says the buyers see something there that turns them off. If they never came then that indicates they don't like something they see before even getting there. You are getting them there and then turning them off so fix that and be happy you have buyers looking. It takes a little work but if you want to sell it then you have to make an effort. If you want to give it away for a loss I am sure your agent might buy it - ask them.