We want to buy a waterfront home over the next 6 to 12 months in the greater Tampa Area and we need an agent that is not limited to one city

Asked by Hans Visser, Morgan Hill, CA Wed Jun 13, 2012

We are very unfamiliar with the area and do not want to limit our search to one city until we have had a feel for the whole area around Tampa Bay

Answers

14
Robert Wilson, , Tampa, FL
Tue Jul 3, 2012
Work with an agent who is a waterfront specialist and ask to see a list of homes that they have sold on the water. That will tell you a lot of how much they can help you.
Lynn Brock, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Tue Jun 26, 2012
Hans.Visser.za, In seeking a waterfront property decide what type of water? If you'd like a bayfront or gulf front then the property might be on the water, with or without a view, a boat dock, day dock.

Are you seeking a condo or single family home? Condos with a water view are priced in the upper ones (very small units) though the millions the same with Single Family homes. As long term resident/agent along the west coast of Florida, I have sold properties from Palm Harbor south to Englewood, including Siesta, Lido, Longboat, St. Pete, Belleair Bluffs and Clearwater.

Obtaining an overview of the area can be a full time task. There is more to just selecting a property, what lifestyle are you seeking, is renting the property a factor, do you have a pet, will you be in residence year round, what activities, hobbies do you enjoy, how close to medical facilities, what is your price point and monthly maintenance? It may take you awhile to sort things out.

Helping you find the right home for you would be a welcomed challenge, our website provides you with access to a plethora of properties currently listed for sale.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com

If you'd like to search the MLS like an agent in real time, you can visit our website and sign up for a free Listing Book account. You will be able to change the search criteria to suit yourself and received morning reports regarding new listings, price changes and recent pendings.
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Fri Jun 15, 2012
This is not 1982, thousands of realtors all have access to the same menu called the MLS. Heck, you can search here on Trulia or Realtor.com and other sites to see the waterfront listings.

What you should be more focused on is retaining as much Tax Free Home Equity in otherwise needlessly forfeited equity in realtor commission points!

If you own a computer here in 2012, searching for a home is not rocket science! I’m a Mortgage Broker in Tampa and originally from Tampa too. Contact me and I’ll tell you where the best Water Front properties are and why.

Also, I’ll introduce you to realtors who will not only help you located and negotiate your best deal on a home, they’ll also offer you a Buyer’s Agent Credit.

Examples: sales price and Buyer’s Agent Credit back to you to pay for closing costs, Interest Rate Reduction and much more.

$300k up to $5,000
$500k up to $10,000
$800k up to $14,000
$1 mil up to $20,000

See the reasons why a Mortgage Broker is willing to assist buyers in this way:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/05/why_why_would_a_…

Go to this US Dept of Justice website:

http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/real_estate/commission_table.htm

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage
steve@pro-option.com
Ph: 888 662 4404
Jeanne Gleas…, Agent, Apollo Beach, FL
Thu Jun 14, 2012
I'd be happy to help you. There are many waterfront properties in demand. Our company takes you on a boat tour around the bay so you can get a feel for the area. Let me know when you will be in the area and we will set a date!
Octavia Chev…, Agent, Safety Harbor, FL
Thu Jun 14, 2012
Hello Hans
Being an immigrant myself I understand how hard it is to understand everything that is new to us like the job of a Listing agent the Listing agent is hired by the owner to sell his house, the agent will market the property and work for the seller until a buyer agent brings a buyer for the house. The buyer agent works with buyer to find the house that fits buyer's criteria. My office is Century 21 Beggins Enterprises we have six locations and all are on the water our main office is in Apollo Beach, we have offices in Sun City,South Tampa, Madeira Beach, Indian Rocks Beach and St Pete Beach so we can help you locate your dream home, we are over 200 agents in the company and we referred bussines within the company if one of us will not be able to locate your house in our close vicinity, you will be well represented we have a very good professional staff also that help us do the transaction for you easy. Please let me know if you are interested on my services. I also noticed that you are interested in mortgage I think you have a good credit score and my mortgage broker will be able to help you, I had been working myself with this broker for over 10yrs and I trust him. Buying a house is a big decission and for some of us it is the biggest investment of a life time you need to feel confortable with the agent representing you. My question to you is how long ego you came to America? I came to America 34 yrs ego and it was the best decission I ever made. I work well with First time home buyers and will be able to help you through the process of buying a home. Please get involved with a mortgage broker as soon as possible so you will know how much you are going to be able to buy and than we will be able to move forward. The best time to bet is now the prices are the lowest had ever been and the interest rates are the lowes too. GREAT Time to BUY

Please feel free to contact Bill Baralt at McCamaugh mortgage 727-797-0600 his cell is 727-244-5600 he will be able in 10 Minutes to give you the answer to your mortgage needs.
My name is Octavia Cheveresan I had been a Realtor for over 10yrs and also I have my investments in real estate and work with investors, my family and I we invested in Realestate for over 30 years feel free to learn more about me in my profile, my phone nr is 727-403-8948. Looking forward to hear from you soon!!!
Thomas May, Agent, Tampa, FL
Thu Jun 14, 2012
yes, I have lived in the Tampa Bay Area since 1970 and do work Pinellas and Hillsborough county.
I was raised here on the water.

Tom May
Keller Williams
813.629.4663
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Thu Jun 14, 2012
Hello Hans,
What a great decision regarding a waterfront home purchase in the Tampa Bay Area.
An exceptional piece of good news is the MLS system we use covers 17 counties surrounding the Tampa Bay area. You will have access to the real estate that is for sale without having to wade through the bogus stuff on aggregate websites or accessing a plethora of MLS systems.

Of crucial importance in the selection and reviewing process is your response to this question.
"Are you primarily seeking the therapeutic element of a BIG WATER view or are you wanting to feel sand between your toes each evening?" This is a crucial question.

Many chose the 'beachy thing'. It certainly is not difficult to understand why. This however means you will be looking at homes to the west of Tampa. (No beaches in Tampa)

Take a look at what is available at this time.
http://www.FloridaRealEstateMadeEasy.com

Next one must consider your lifestyle preferences. How important are extensive biking and running trails, performing arts and athletic opportunities? Are you looking for a nest or an entertainment mecca? Getting the right environment is essential for enduring satisfaction. And finally, the budget and tolerance for updating. All important subjects to review as the search progresses.

Now, the most beneficial first step would be to take the famous '25 Cent Tour' where nothing is done except explore area amenities, best kept secrets, and geographic orientation. (of course a house or two will be included) Some realize the eclectic environment of the "Beach Thing" is not actually the environment they were anticipating or find beneficial at this point in their lives..

I've seen the overwhelming majority of 800 to 1.5 million dollar beach home from St Petersburg to Clearwater Beach. There's even three beach homes in my pocket. (The owners do not want to be on parade, but are available for the buyer who knows what they want.)

Now, if you are serious about getting started soon,
Select the agent you are comfortable with and call them
Don't use the 'contact' link.
Don't send an email.
I've used them all and have been unsuccessful contacting myself.
Go old school and call the agent you want to work with.

Annette Lawrence
Broker/Associate
ReMax Realtec Group
727.420.4041
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Thu Jun 14, 2012
Dear Hans,

If you are planning to relocate you may want to rent for the first year until you can get familiar with everything the Tampa Bay area has to offer. Once you've narrowed your focus to a few areas then you would be best served by finding a Realtor that specializes in that area. Then you will get very local expertise that can alert you to problems like Coal Burning Power Plants, Radon, Chinese Drywall, Sinkholes, extraordinary Community Development District Taxes, the list goes on and on.

You may even want to expand your search to include the more affluent Sarasota area if your price range will allow it.

Depending on your price range you can get a good feel for what you can buy with "salt" waterfront by signing up for a free Listingbook account on my website:

http://www.SoldOnTampa.com

I have over 11 years experience in the Tampa Bay area and have assisted clients in 4 neighboring counties (Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough and Hernando) but again I would highly recommend you find a Realtor that specializes in the specific areas once you have narrowed down your choices.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
Lisa Reeves, Agent, Tampa, FL
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Hans - I would be happy to speak with you to see if we could work together. I have sold homes from Hernando County to Sarasota Manatee. I believe the difference that I can bring is my familiarity not only with real estate but my knowledge of all the areas of Tampa Bay. Please contact me directly if I may help in any way.
Christina K…, Agent, Daytona Beach, FL
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Hi!
I am a full service real estate consultant and work all of Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco counties! I'd love to help you find your new home! Check out my website at http://www.christinasellstampabay.com and feel free to call me or send me an email! I know how it feels to be new to the area as I relocated here myself, nine years ago! There are so many areas to explore and knowing which "feels" right for you is very important!

Waterfront here can mean many different things! There is the Gulf, the Bay , Canals, etc! If you'd like to meet and get to know each other a little, let me know!
Vickie Bruni, Agent, Sun City Center, FL
Wed Jun 13, 2012
My husband and I are full service real estate agents working for Keller Williams South Shorwe Realty. (on the eastern shore of Tampa Bay). May we suggest you look in Riverview,Apollo Beach or Ruskin.

We would be happy to work with you. We can be reached at 813-892-8255.

Visit our wbsite http://www.thebruniteam.com
John Ackerman, , Tampa, FL
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Good evening,

There are hundreds and hundreds of homes out there for you with waterfront options. My wife Amie and I work together as a team and while we are located in Hillsborough County, we have a solid working knowledge of the waterfront communities in the greater Tampa Bay area. We would love the opportunity to speak with you about your needs / desires and then prepare a plan to show you the area so as to allow you to better become familiar with all that this great area has to offer.

If you are interested, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you,
John Ackerman

The Ackerman Team
Century 21 Bay West
813.495.8143
http://www.TheAckermanTeamTampa.com
Pawelkop Team, Agent, Tampa, FL
Wed Jun 13, 2012
I would be happy to help you. Contact me so that we can discuss your needs and wants.
I look forward to talking to you.
Kenny Braver…, , Tampa, FL
Wed Jun 13, 2012
I work all the beach communities in Sarasota, Bradenton, St.Pete, Tampa and all the small towns in-between.... Feel free to contact me and we can discuss further.... Thank you....