We've been looking for a home in Green Valley for about a year on and off my concerns are the wide range of house prices in some cases almost

Asked by Percila Beattie, Green Valley, AZ Sun May 9, 2010

identical houses.So far the new construction seems to be the best bargain.It doesn't pay to be in a hurry to buy especially without doing alot of comparision shopping.I've seen houses that are listed for thousand of dollars more than the same models the builders are offering they have no upgrades your buying a used house for more money it makes no sense.I've only met one agent at a open house who I felt was being honest he said that most of the houses in town are over priced and he is right.unless the buyer does his own research his chances of over paying are high.Do realtors not do comparison pricing when a house is listed to see what other properties have sold for.Now it seems maybe Arizona may not be a good market to buy into with all the negative press we are hearing on tv how is the new law they brought in going to affect property values .

Answers

5
Scott Chance…, Agent, Green Valley, AZ
Fri May 21, 2010
Hi Percila,

You do make some great points. Our home prices seem to be all over the place. The prices of homes have fallen quite a bit over the past few years. The new home builders did a good job in reducing their prices so they could sell some homes. The resale market has always been slow following the lead. As you know, the prices of the homes are set by the owner of the properties and not the agents. We as agents try to help the buyer make an informed decision on the pricing. If you want a new home it is a great time to buy, BUT there are some Great Buys in the Resale market too. As you said you just need to get out and look at everything out there and make an informed decision.

As for the new law, time will tell but, it is stirring a debate on what needs to be done with our borders. This is long over due.

If you are looking for a CLEAN and SAFE place to live Green Valley might just be you answer

If you need any help please let me know,
Warren & Dor…, Agent, Green Valley, AZ
Mon May 10, 2010
I truly believe the law is good. It will help property values. We really need to figure out how to slow down the influx of people that think they can come to US and get all the benefits without abiding by the law. While others work and wait and go through the steps to be legal here,love America and want to be a good citizen.
I also believe new construction is a very good buy right now especially if you do not want the Green Valley Recreation benefits. I also noticed a lot of multiple offers lately which indicates the market is changing. Also when I called up to show homes this last week, nearly 1/2 of them were already sold or under contract. Many sellers are still hoping to get as much money for their homes as possible. They do not want to give away their beloved home of 10-15 yrs or more, that is what they tell me. We do always do the comps for a listing and sometimes the short sales do hurt that as that is not a true comp to use reos and short sales. We wish the appraisers would not use the short sales and reos as comps.
Stu Samovitz, Agent, Green Valley, AZ
Mon May 10, 2010
Hi Percila,

You are correct that the Real Estate prices are "all over the board" in Green Valley. There are a few reasons for this. One is that they're stilling giving awards for new listings, so some agents (mostly newer) take them for that reason or just to have a "open house" of their own. Also, in Green Valley, there a lot of part time, retired agents who will take overpriced listings. If you're working with a good Realtor, he or she will "comp" the area you're looking in so you will KNOW the values in the neighborhood and then you can truly evaluate the best deals, whether they be the new construction or the resale homes.

My wife and I have over 50 years of combined experience in Real Estate with 30 of those years in this area. Please call us if we can help you.
Web Reference:  http://sueandstu.com
Sandra Paulow, Agent, Pinetop, AZ
Mon May 10, 2010
Let me start by saying that prices may vary significantly in an area due to views, upgrades in a home, lot size, and even whether the house is being offered by a conventional seller, or is a Short Sale or Foreclosure. The best way to determine if a house is the "best buy" in an area is to look at the homes and have a buyer's agent help you with the comparables.

As for the Immigration Law in Arizona, it is getting a lot of press, both good and bad. The only ones who really don't like the law are the ones breaking it by entering or living in this country illegally. Arizonans support the bill. Right now it is at the top of the headlines for the liberal press, I would not let the press scare you away from buying in Arizona.
Sharyn Willa…, Agent, Blanchard, OK
Sun May 9, 2010
There are pros and cons to buying an older home vs. a new one. When you buy an existing home sspecially one that was built within the past 10 years, you are purchasing a home that has worked out all the bugs of a new home, as well as mature trees, etc. Be careful when you are purchasing a new home that you do your research on the builder...I had a bad experience with my home. When I purchased it , it was a spec home, and within the first year I had water in my ducts, which caused me to have to run overhead ducts, we had to put in a french drain, etc. (The builder built the house then went bankrupt the next year) so guess who was stuck with the expenses...

Do your research....If there is anything I can do, let me know!
Oklahoma