Home Buying in Boise>Question Details

idahoangel41, Renter in Boise, ID

We really have no credit, we had a short sale in 2009 but have good income. with a low down..were already in a house we want to buy from our landlord

Asked by idahoangel41, Boise, ID Sun Jan 19, 2014

If you have a good relationship with your landlord it wouldn't hurt to ask them if they would be willing to sell you the home on an owner carry, or get into a lease to own arrangement where a portion of your rent goes towards a down payment and then at some future point the owner agrees to transfer ownership and you hold the note. If they're not agreeable to an arrangement such as that feel free to contact me at Jason@IdahoRealtyPros.com and I would be happy to put you in touch with a mortgage lender that will get approved if it's humanly possible.
I use a lender for such questions that is great. If you can call me at 208.284.4285, I can give you her contact info. Thom
You should be able to qualify for a mortgage now with the lender discussing your situation with you. If you want to buy the home you are in, I would get in touch with a lender and talk to them so that you can see if this would be something that you could do.

I know that you also asked about private financing after this question but I would check out regular financing before I would go private unless you have already been told that you would not be able to qualify for a regular mortgage product.
I was told its 2 years and no neg items on your report since then... There are several programs for down payment... I suggest applying for a loan first to see what you can afford and two makes your offer stronger when you do..

I could however give you a free list of properties for sale if you send me your wish list of what your looking for.. Least you have an idea of whats on the market.. Make sure you have a wonderful day.

Scott M Channer
SilverCreek Realty Group
1099 Wells St,
Meridian, Idaho 83642
FHA has recently issued new guidelines to help Borrowers qualify for a new mortgage if they had extenuating circumstances such as a loss of employment, or a significant loss of household
income beyond the borrower’s control; I work with several Lenders who can give you the details of these new guidelines. This may allow you to qualify for a mortgage and purchase the house from your landlord.
Thanks Debbie i will be in contact with you later today...
Flag Mon Jan 20, 2014
Typically buyers need to wait 2 years after a short sale in order to qualify to buy a home again. I work with some great lenders that could likely qualify you, or put you on the right track to getting qualified. Feel free to give me a call & I can put you in touch with some good lenders. Thanks! Bonnie Garven 208-340-4536.
I would be happy to assist you if you can email me@ idahohomes411.com or feel free to call me at 208-602-8719 I can contact the owner and help you with the sale!