We're planning to sell our family home in California and retire to Oregon. Our friends are telling us to rent first, should we?

Asked by Phyllis Fernandez-mccarthy, Petaluma, CA Sun Feb 2, 2014

Answers

3
Gary Swale, Agent, Petaluma, CA
Wed Feb 5, 2014
I think a few visits to your desired area, internet searches of demographics, and connecting with a local Realtor is your best strategy. Do your research and do it right the first time.
Tom Bashe, Agent, Temecula, CA
Sun Feb 2, 2014
Hi Phyllis

Find a short term rental so that you can have time to learn the areas, desirable neighborhoods, etc. Where in Oregon are you relocating to? If this was helpful to you, please click BEST ANSWER & enjoy your day! Tom Bashe l Broker l SCA Real Estate l 951.547.0705 l Tom@SCARealEstate.com
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sun Feb 2, 2014
I think it's ALWAYS wise move to rent first when moving to a new city. It takes time to learn the neighborhoods and figure out where you belong. Put most of your stuff into storage and devote a few months to learning where you really want to be.