We're planning to buy a house in Anaheim 92804 in Ball and Magnolia. I was disturbed when i read an advice

Asked by Rob, Anaheim, CA Mon May 26, 2008

about staying away from Anaheim 92804 zip code because it's not a good place to live in.... can you give me some insights.

Answers

10
Dave Osborne, Agent, Orange, CA
Wed May 28, 2008
I think the important question to ask is, what is a good place to live in For You. Like everyone says, do your research. Drive the area, especially at night, on weekends, etc. Some people wouldn't think of living in the 92804. Others wish they could afford to live there.

You will be better able to answer the question yourself when you know what is important to you. Good Luck in your home search.
Web Reference:  http://www.400kHomes.com
Jaleesa Pelu…, Agent, Laguna Beach, CA
Mon Apr 7, 2014
Hi Rob,

Thanks for asking your question on Trulia. I agree with many of the other people who answered this question below that it is good to just look into this area yourself. If you drive and walk the area at different times of day, you will find out for yourself if you feel comfortable or not.

What was it that attracted you to that particular area in the first place? If you have a good reason to be right there, that might just be enough! You might feel totally comfortable and happy in an area, whereas someone else strongly dislikes it. Happens all the time :).

Anaheim has a lot of nice areas with wonderful homes for families. Would you like me to send you some listings in the area to look at?
We can also drive some areas together and I can show you around. I do that all the time for my clients. There is no better way to get to know an area than to walk and drive it!

Call me anytime at 949 395 0960 or e-mail me at jaleesa@jaleesapeluso.com

Have a wonderful day!
Jaleesa Peluso
Realtor at Berkshire Hathaway Laguna Beach
http://www.jaleesapeluso.com
Rachael Segui, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Feb 6, 2014
I am a mother of 3 and have been in this neighborhood for 15 years. I love it here :)
Thu Feb 6, 2014
Bob Phillips, Agent, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Mon Jun 4, 2012
I think this qualifies as the oldest - 4+ years ago - thread that has been resurrected, in my memory.

I wonder if Rob ever bought, in the area?
Patrick Shar…, Agent, Anaheim, CA
Fri Jul 18, 2008
Rob, there are many pockets in Anaheim that are good while others aren't so good anymore. I just sold 2 properties in the Ball Square Townhomes off of Ball and Magnolia. It is a gated community which separates you from other owners which can be nice and adds additional safety. The main thing is, drive the neighborhood during the daytime and night time to determine how comfortable you are with the neighbors. Look at the lawns and how the homes are kept. There are some rough spot where you are looking, so feel free to ask someone who really knows the area if you want more information. Hope this helps.
Charita King…, , Downey, CA
Fri Jul 4, 2008
Rob, You may need to drive the area to find out. People have different opinions. The buyers I took today in this neighborhood did their own homework - they took a drive twice at night to see what it looks like.

Charita King 562-276-8681
Michael Barr…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Mon May 26, 2008
Hi there Rob. Not sure where the articel you read was. But a ggod place is to check outis the city of anaheim website. Check the demographics. crime stats, school reports, this should help you.
But you should drve the neighborhhood and check it out. If you do talk to neighbors you should talk to several to get a temperature.
There are a lots of great buys in this area. If you need any help please fell free to let me know

Kind Regards
Michael Barron
First Team Real Estate
(714) 552-6817
Diane van der…, , Huntington Beach, CA
Mon May 26, 2008
Hi Rob! I personally live in 92804, and I really like it here. I bought in 2005, off of Ball and Knott. I've never had any problems at all, in fact - I've got great neighbors. I also enjoy that I live close enough to the 22, 405, 605 and 91 - and just shoot down Valley View to the beach. Drive the neighborhood and see for yourself. Good luck!
Joe Homs, Agent, Laguna Hills, CA
Mon May 26, 2008
Rob,

I am pretty sure that this advice was NOT provided to you by a Real Estate Agent as it would be unethical to do so. The best suggestion I can give you is to go onto my website and look at the areas crime statistics for yourself. Take a drive in the area you are interested in, at all times of the day and night, and evaluate it for yourself. Speak with neighbors in the area and get their opinion. I hope this helps and if you need a real estate professional to assist you, please give me a call.

Joe Homs
Realty Parnters
949-625-4533
joe@joehoms.com
Web Reference:  http://www.joehoms.com