We're moving from Fairfax to Williamsburg and looking for the best neighborhood for professionals (w/no kids)

Asked by Akfs, Fairfax, VA Sun Nov 18, 2007

With home prices $450000 to $500000, and close to shopping, restaurants, bike trails. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Answers

10
Laura Chapman…, Agent, las vegas, NV
Mon Jan 14, 2008
A real Estate professional can be specific about homes, but can not discuss the people ( in the neighborhood or homes ) Equal Housing prohibits this. So, I might have you drive through all of the neighborhoods you like and see what you think based on what you happen to see. Colonial Heritage has the break on this rule, as it is lawfully allowed to have 55+ only.
Laura Chapman Realtor William E Wood 5208 Monticello Williamsburg Va 23188 Licensed in Va
Lisa Remingt…, Agent, Williamsburg, VA
Mon Dec 3, 2007
There are several Active Adult Communities in Williamsburg. The Settlement is near shopping, bike trails and great restaurants. Windsor Meade is in the same area. Colonial Heritage is outside of town, but convenient to everything.

Lisa Remington-Smith, GRI, ePro, CSP
REALTOR , Associate Broker
Prudential McCardle Realty, Inc.
4135 Ironbound Road
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Homes@LisaRemington-Smith.com
Jeff Royce, Agent, Fairfax, VA
Tue Nov 27, 2007
If you haven't listed or sold your home in Fairfax yet, I'd love to talk with you about that. I just did a little study yesterday on the best months to sell your home in Fairfax over the last couple of years. You can find it at: http://novaproperty.blogspot.com/2007/11/taking-your-house-o…
Laura Chapman…, Agent, las vegas, NV
Tue Feb 26, 2008
Wow Roger has an interesting proposition. I'm guessing the Lawyer protects his best interests, and He wants to save money on the agents comission too. As a buyer, your representation is FREE with a buyers agent, and that advise, seeing the comparable properties, and the closed sales might get you a better deal yet. Many buyers agents work with For Sale By Owners who will co-operate with them. So, it might be like purchasing stock, make sure you at least get advise from a professional who does this every day for a living. The bargains are out there to be had, even with non- represented sellers. ;)
Cheri, ,
Wed Feb 6, 2008
The Villages at Powahtan Secondary. The neighborhood is close to Monticello Marketplace. Check out this home...it is ready to move in!
http://www.remax-capital-williamsburg-va.com/bin/web/real_es…
john womeldo…, Agent, Williamsburg, VA
Fri Jan 18, 2008
As I stated previously there are only two neighborhoods currently that are for Active adults 55+ and don't allow children to live there.( Colonial Heritage and The Settlement at Powhattan Creek) I am able to share information with buyer clients that shows how many children are living in each neighborhood and attending public school. I think this is a great resource to share when choosing a neighborhood in the Williamsburg/ James City County area. Both for people looking for looking for neighborhoods with and without children.

John Womeldorf/ REALTOR
Liz Moore and Associates
5350 Discovery Park Blvd.
WIlliamsburg, VA New Town
Licensed in the State of Virginia
Web Reference:  http://MrWilliamsburg.com
Suzanne Dana, Agent, Williamsburg, VA
Thu Dec 27, 2007
As a longtime Fairfax resident transplanted here, I can help you find what you are looking for--or looking to get away from! If you haven't already signed with a Realtor, please check me out on my wesite and call me at 703-629-6800 with any questions!

There is a wonderful new community called the Settlement at Powhatan Creek which is for active over 55 residents--so no small kids-- and it building gorgeous, quality homes. It is right near one of the best shopping areas, golf and trails!
Web Reference:  http://www.suzannedana.com
john womeldo…, Agent, Williamsburg, VA
Mon Dec 3, 2007
Do you want attached or a detached home ? newer home or older ? As a previous poster stated , If you one of you is over 55 you could consider Colonial Heritage or The Settlement at Powhattan Creek. These are the only neighborhoods where no children under 18 are allowed to reside in the home for more than 30 days. The Settlement is a little closer to the center of town , bike trails, etc.

If you are willing to consider a neighbor with a few children in it I would suggest Ford's Colony. There are over 14 miles of trails within the community. Within a mile are Grocery Stores, Target, Restaurants, etc.
Kingsmill is another consideration although a home in that price range will be a little dated typically.

If you would consider a town home New Town is the new retail hub of Williamsburg. Featuring 9 restaurants, a 12 screen movie theater, shops, etc. High Street is another town home alternative although it is currently under construction. It will also have Restaurants, a theater, shops, etc.

There are many other wonderful neighborhoods to choose from if you want to take a trip down I would be happy to show you around.
john womeldo…, Agent, Williamsburg, VA
Sat Nov 24, 2007
What determines your idea of " The Best Neighborhood" ? Are you looking for a newer home ? Attached ? Detached ? How big ? Are gated communities ok ? give me a little more detail and I would be happy to suggest a few neigborhoods in the Williamsburg VA area. I am a local Realtor living and working in the Williamsburg area.
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Thu Nov 22, 2007
I would connect with a local professional in the area to give you an overview of different neighborhood and the up's and downs of each. Good luck.