We're a family with young children looking to relocate to the WA area, preferably in/around Vancouver. Any information on family-friendly areas?

Asked by CJS, Tucson, AZ Sat Jun 30, 2012

We'll be visiting from AZ to the area in early August to get a feel for it, so any information would be great! Looking for good schools, neighborhoods, and homes for sale.

Answers

11
Troy Jensen, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Cjs,

I am Troy Jensen, the first here in the string to respond to your posted question on the area. My wife is a school teacher here and we moved to the area from CA about 12 years ago and find this area perfect to raise a family. We looked all over Vancouver for the right place for our 4 children and I can definately show you the area. Just give me a call, I would be happy to show you around and introduce you to my network of professions to make your move a smooth and stress free one.

Troy Jensen
Real Estate Broker
360-852-7145
Cyndi, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Welcome to Vancouver WA to our Arizona family,

You will love it in Vancouver. We moved from Canada in 2003 and have 4 kids. In my opinion, Vancouver is way better to raise a family than Portland. WA school district gets more funding. Our kids went to the Salmon Creek schools and we are extremely happy with those schools. I have an awesome listing just walking distance to the Elementary, Middle and High School in Salmon Creek. You will love this home especially if you have a family. It's on a cul-de-sac and has a covered dog run too. Check it out and give me a call to see it when you get here. ML# 12272865 and address is 14612 NW 20th Ave. Vancouver, WA 98685. I can send you a link if you want to see more pics and details.

All the best with your move,
Cyndi Krueger
Hearth & Home Realty
Vancouver WA
cyndi@yourbestrealty.com
360-721-4046
Evie Hampton, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Mon Jul 2, 2012
Hi There!

My name is Evie Hampton and I am a full time broker with Re/Max equity group in Vancouver, WA. I live in a town called La Center, WA. It is in Clark County and has excellent schools which is why we chose to live here! I have an 8 year old son and La Center has a small town feel with so many family friendly events! It's also 15 minutes North of Vancouver and 20 minutes North of Portland, OR. I would be more than happy to speak with you and send you a relocation kit. If you'd like to contact me please feel free to! My direct line is 360-609-0086.
Laura Birtar , Agent, Vancouver, WA
Mon Jul 2, 2012
I’ll be glad to send you information on available properties in the areas you mentioned in Vancouver and schools info also. That way, by the time you come & visit you’ll have a better understanding of our market and neighborhoods. Feel free to call me at 360.904.6440 of e-mail at Laura@SellingHomesInWA.com
http://www.Laura.realtyProweb.com
Tracie DeMars, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Sat Jun 30, 2012
As a buyers agent I get asked this question a lot, but honestly, it depends on what you are looking for in an area, or neighborhood. Vancouver, as a whole, is a wonderful place to live, and we have a lot of nice outside communities that are very close as well. Vancouver is an area of 'pocket neighborhoods'.... we don't really have a 'good' side, or 'bad' side, and every area has its pros and cons. I have buyers who love and desire to live in certain areas, and buyers who don't want to live in the exact same community or area that the other family wants to live in.... finding a home, and an area that you want to live is such a personal choice that I really would check it out for yourself. When helping someone buy a home my one rule of thumb is that I refuse to sell a home that I wouldn't live in myself with my family. :-)

The real question would be what type of area/community are you looking for?
A lot of parks? type of home? yard size? new neighborhood? established neighborhood? etc? These are all questions a buyers agent should be asking you. Again, honestly, it really depends on what YOU, and your family feel happy with. My suggestion would be to take a day either with your buyers agent, or without, and just drive around the area to get a feel for it. This will help you to see what areas might feel more comfortable in. :-) If you choose to go with an agent, we can help you from getting lost! :-D Take a day or two...one day to drive around Vancouver, another to drive around some of our outlying towns... when buying a home you don't want to trust some one else's opinion on where you want to live. This will be YOUR home, so YOU need to be happy. One mans treasure is another mans junk....so to speak.

If it helps, you can email or call me with what you are looking for in a home. I can set you up on a search that will send you homes that match what you are looking for (price, bedroom, bathrooms, yard size, etc), and this might help you get a 'feel' for the market up here....and help you get a feel for an area that might feel like home... no obligation!

Moving across country is such a BIG thing....especially for a family...that you will want to find a home/area that feels like where you have been happy at in Arizona. As a mom, this is what I would do anyhow. :-) My other piece of advice would be to take your time.... maybe come up for a weekend before you move, if you can, to drive around with a buyers agent.... whatever works best for you. Don't let yourself feel, or be, pressured...

Please feel free to call me at (360) 903-3504, or email me at traciedemars@aol.com. I am, as always, happy to help.

Good luck! ((hug!))
Tracie DeMars
buyers agent
Re/Max
http://www.traciedemars.com
traciedemars@aol.com
Facebook: Free Home Buyer Education
Gloria Matth…, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Sat Jun 30, 2012
Oooops here is the link to "best bets" from the columbian
http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=5a2c34ac0dbee84631dad324…

If I can answer any more questions, provide resources etc. Just call or email me at
gloria@ggmatthews.com

have a great holiday!
Gloria Matth…, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Sat Jun 30, 2012
Absolutely!! Clark County is Friendly! Our schools are excellent, our parks system active and alive, and we have much to offer.

I love working with people from out of the area, and act a bit like a concierge...making sure you get the sense and feel of the micro communities within Clark County, and Learn your way around quickly.

I have some pretty terrific information on my personal website, including some articles by "LIVEABILITY", which rated vancouver in the top 10 for a "stay cation" and #2 for childrens libraries amoung towns across the country!

You can find some of them at http://ggmatthews.com/vancouver-wa-livability.

Here is a recent "BEST BETS" from the local newspaper on things to do over the 4th. in the side margin, upcoming music.

Our downtown park features live music in the 6 to sunset series in the summer,

http://ggmatthews.com/six-to-sunset-concerts

I dont actually know if these links will be live in this email to you thru this system, but you can always contact me directly at 360-600-3042

you'll find an interesting MAP based search on my website too! when we work together I can put Schools on the map, Swimming pools or athletic clubs, Golf clubs, or any number of items that may be of importance to your search for your new home.

I certainly have the knowledge and resources to help you. You must understand to comment directly on "family" friendly or "best schools", is a trip across the line of our license laws. I CAN direct you to people and resources, to assist you in your own discovery.

I TOO LOVE FELIDA.. in fact one of my websites is : http://www.felidahomes.com

Gloria Matthews
360-600-3042
Trulia Pro / Ambassador

http://www.ggmatthews.com
ADAMAS REALTY
Aaron Helmes, , Vancouver, WA
Sat Jun 30, 2012
The Felida area is known as one of the best locations in Clark County, excellent schools, outdoor activities, local dining and farmers market, plus great parks. We have new homes that are currently under construction that will be complete mid August - and we also offer custom design. Give me a call or email and I'd be happy to get you more info, and take you on a tour of the area in August!

Aaron Helmes
Parker Brennan Real Estate
360-518-1191
aaron@helmesgrouphomes.com
Patricia Ber…, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Sat Jun 30, 2012
Call me. I haves lived here all my life! 360-798-6733. There are many great areas here. Camas s hooks rated #1. Check out my website for mega info on areas and schools.
Diane Van Ha…, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Sat Jun 30, 2012
Many families that come to the area that have school age children love the Camas area. The schools are highly rated. Check out the link to the Washington Schools Report Card website:

http://reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us/summary.aspx?year=2010-11

If you would like to sign up for daily listing alerts via email, log on to my website at http://www.nwhomes.kwrealty.com to search

I would be happy to keep in touch with you and assist you in finding the perfect home for your family! Welcome to the Pacific Northwest!

Diane Van Handel
dianev@kw.com
Troy Jensen, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Sat Jun 30, 2012
Salmon Creek and Felida are excellent areas close to everything, yet rural with great family communities and schools.

Iam happy to help, call me anytime

Troy Jensen
Professional Realty Services of WA
Exclusive Buyers Broker
360-852-7145