We purchased a new homeand found out they are planning to build part of a new highway .17 miles from my home. What will this do to my home value?

Asked by Jeni5162, Kaysville, UT Tue Feb 8, 2011

New 4 lane highway would be the second one close to us (the other is an interstate and is .30 miles away). The new road will cause the neighborhood park (which we pay HOA fee's for) to be torn down. Home values currently in the neighborhood are in the high 300's to the mid 400's.

Answers

3
Adam Wills, Agent, Kaysville, UT
Tue Sep 2, 2014
A little more information would be helpful in answering this questions. Like, would the HOA fees go down or away completely with the park being removed? .17 miles and .30 miles is still a good distance where you could be many blocks away from the highway. Is it close enough to create noise? How close will an access point be to the new highway, and does that give your home quicker access to the highway? Being able to see it on a map would allow for a more thorough answer.

However, based on what information you have given, I would say that it would have an impact on your homes value. How much of an impact (up or down) would depend on the above questions. The highway could possibly make your home more attractive to some buyers that are looking for quick highway access for commute times.
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Tue Feb 8, 2011
would think the loss of the park may cause a loss. As far as the road goes, think it would depend on the road noise. ( and for the short term the construction noise and dirt). was this information not in the news?
Maybe he's not from there. The realitor should have disclosed.
Flag Fri Jun 15, 2012
Patsylee Pea…, , Roy, UT
Tue Feb 8, 2011
I believe that you are asking about the Legacy Highway Esxtension, however that study is still not completed, this is one of the three major changes that are still under consideration by UDOT; some committee/Town Hall meetings to be held for citizens concerns and suggestions. One of those meetings was being held this eveing concerning this matter,2/08/11. I do hope that you were able to attend and address your concerns.