We own our home free and clear and will buy paying cash when we move. What's up with no response? pat.titus@yahoo.com

Asked by pat.titus, Sonoma, CA Sat Mar 23, 2013

Answers

10
Kirsten Lindquist’s answer
Kirsten Lind…, Agent, Sonoma, CA
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Hi Again Pat:

I'm a former resident of Sonoma Greens and know the properties well. Also have an inside track to upcoming listings. I suggest you talk to at least two agents...preferably three...before you chose who to work with. It's wise to shop for agents...to find the right fit.

Whatever your decisions, good luck. I think you need to know that we are at an eight year low for listing inventory.

Kirsten Lindquist
Pacific Union International
135 West Napa Street
Sonoma, CA 95476
707-337-1182
CA DRE# 0131359
Dear Kristen,
OH-- are you telling me the low listing inventory means those not
ready to move tomorrow are at a disadvantage? We do own our
house free and clear and most of the buyers finally coming here
come cash in hand from DC, ready to buy a 2nd home on the water,
so when the moment comes we should be good to go. Pat
Flag Sun Mar 24, 2013
Dear Kirsten,
Thank you. I am interested in talking with you because you lived there.
When in CA in Feb I drove up from SFO to check out the neighborhood, as I remembered Boyes Springs as just part of the unlovely
bottleneck between Napa and SR. I found it tidier than I remembered,
and I know alternatives to the bottleneck, so I thought, "OK." Is the low
inventory State, Bay Area, Sonoma? The Greens seem to have had considerable sales this year. Is that usual? Is there a feeling of
community there? Would I have trouble finding a book club there
or in Sonoma? Could my 2 little Palo Alto grandkids swim if supervised?
What I want is to be in touch with you Re: SG's new places for sale so
I can get there to see interiors. Although it's not called 'over 55' the
people I saw were at least 55 and more. We're in our early 70's and active, and while we are finding our 22 acres too much to manage, we're not
ready for 'the home.' or the regimentation of a 3 tiered 'home.'
Flag Sun Mar 24, 2013
Mike Stone, Agent, Windsor, CA
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Hi Pat,

If you would like to contact me I could easily set you up with the automatic notifications when new listings come on the market in that development.

Mike Stone
707-836-3445
Ron Pfleger, Agent, sonoma, CA
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Pat,
Right now there are two units on the market in Sonoma Greens. 1110 and 901 Princeton Dr. Both listed for $469.000. I would be happy to send you listing information and set up appointments to view these properties when you are in town.

Ron Pfleger
778 Broadway
Sonoma, CA
707-933-8100
http://www.RealEstateAxess.com
pat.titus, Home Buyer, Sonoma, CA
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Re: Sonoma Greens. Will call when I am next coming to California. Hope to
see the inside of one or more units.
pat.titus, Home Buyer, Sonoma, CA
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Thanks for the responses. I wasn't meaning that anyone failed to respond to an offer.

I meant that I want to keep track of the houses for sale in this development as I put
our home on the market. It is possible but unlikely that if the 'right one' came up
we would take money out of savings to buy it before this has sold. Having done
that years before right before that decade's bottom fell out of the market, I'd
prefer not to do that again, though.

I had expected a call back from one office (trulia, I believe) several weeks ago
and stayed home to be sure to get it. Didn't happen. Our home is soon to
be on the market, and things are finally starting to move here.

I travel out there frequently, and would like to see a one level unit if anything is
on the market when I visit; the two level might be acceptable also. I did a drive by
in February, but didn't think anything was for sale. Pat Titus
Kirsten Lind…, Agent, Sonoma, CA
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Hi Pat:
Is your home on the market? Under contract? As other agents have indicated it's nearly impossible to purchase a place today unless you have either cash in hand when you make your offer or a fully approved loan from a reputable mortgage broker. The market is full of buyers with cash and loan commitments. Perhaps you want to firm up your position to be more competitive? You can contact me to discuss. 707-337-1182. Best, Kirsten. PS I am an agent here in Sonoma.
Allison Norm…, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Your question is a little unclear. Who is not responding? Are you attempting to purchase a home with the sale of your home as a contingency? If that's the case, it can be tough to get an offer, that is contingent on the sale of another property, accepted over an offer that does not have that contingency. You may be offering a cash payment for the house, and no appraisal contingency, which makes for a very strong offer...if it is liquid CASH. An offer that is contingent on the sale of another home is not a true cash offer, as the cash is not liquid yet.. ..thus, getting a seller to "respond" to, or accept , your offer over another , even one that requires a loan and an appraisal, can be difficult. Be patient, and keep trying. Look at properties that may have been on the market a bit longer, and more willing to work with you...and willing to wait for you to sell your house. Or, you may do better if you wait until you have your home in escrow, preferably with all buyer contingencies removed (ask the buyer of your home for a longer escrow or make the acceptance of the offer on your home, contingent on you finding a suitable replacement property) and then your "contingency" is less "scary" to the seller. . . In this market, in most price points, you as the seller have the upper hand. Unfortunately, you are also a buyer in this situation. You may even want to complete the sale of your home, rent temporarily while you can then take your time to find the right home. In that situation you will be a strong all cash offer.

If you have any other questions about the process, or I have not captured the gist of your question, feel free to give me a call 707 799-3617. NoDumbQuestion@gmail.com
And remember to listed to The Real Estate Hour, Sunday mornings at 9am. Pacific time, http://www.KSRO.com
Ron Pfleger, Agent, sonoma, CA
Sat Mar 23, 2013
If you mean no response to your offers that is unacceptable. All offers must be presented to the seller. Lately we are getting multiple offers on many properties. Your agent should be following up with the selling agent to find out the status of your offer. I would think you should be getting some type of a response to your cash offer. If your offer is contingent on you selling your home this does put you at a disadvantage. Many sellers will not acept a contingent offer in this market. Too many things can go wrong with the sale of your home that would delay the closing. You may want to consider selling your home before making offers.
David Poulsen, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Call me at 328-1889, I'm happy to respond to any questions you have.
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sat Mar 23, 2013
What was the question...?