We need help in purchasing a home in Huntington county in the country. We are 1st time home buyers with very little or no money down.

Asked by Jackie, Huntington, IN Sun Jun 9, 2013

We are interested in either buying a one level 3 bedroom home in the country with 2 acres and a barn on contract. Or if you know if there's help for 1st time home buyers getting a mortgage with no money down? Our credit rating is 650-660. Thank you for your help!

Answers

4
Trevor Curran, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Great Neck, NY
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Good morning Jackie,

First steps:

Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Teresa Kaylor, Agent, Huntington, IN
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Would love to talk with you further about purchasing a home. Please feel free to call me with questions. Several options are available with very little down. Cell is 260-519-0168 call or text.
Jim Wilson, Agent, Roanoke, IN
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Yes, I can help you find a home. There are financing options that do not require a lot down. The USDA program actually loans 100% down and it sounds like you would qualify with such a high credit score. I can show you any home on the market, no matter which sign is in the yard.

When you have time, please email or phone and I can help you determine the price range you would qualify for, and look on line to find homes you would like. A showing appointment generally takes about half an hour per property, so please let me know what you would like to do. Thanks.

Jim Wilson office 356-1312, cell 358-6684
Denise McNal…, Agent, Ft Wayne, IN
Sun Jun 9, 2013
Jackie,

Would love love to meet with you and get you started in the home buying process. When are you available to meet with me?