I have several questions... Is the Listing Agent acting as a Dual Agent (representing both you and the Sellers)? Have you given him/her written Dual Agency Approval? I would encourage you to do several things.
1. Get separate representation from another Real Estate Agent.
2. Get written counter offers on responses from the Seller (price, earnest money, closing date, etc)
3. Have your Agent show you comparable sold & active listings to determine the appropriate value of the property. The Listing Agent should not be dictating the Selling Price of this home, no matter if he lives in the neighborhood or 2-miles away.
4. If you continue to be stonewalled by this agent, contact his managing broker and file a complaint to the Local Realtor Association.
5. Make sure you have a reputable real estate attorney to represent your interests.
Best of luck,
David Jaffe-SRES, CDPE