We have thought about buying a lot in either Ox Bottom or Golden Eagle,I would like some advice on which is the nicer area.

Asked by Vickijene74, Tallahassee, FL Sun Jan 27, 2013

How hard is it to get a loan to build a home?We really don't no how much a 3000sq foot house is to build,I am just spit balling this idea I have seen some good deals in Ox Bottom but to fix a house up when its aready 250,000 can you buid for that?

Answers

6
Lena Seiler, Agent, Tallahassee, FL
Tue Apr 2, 2013
BUILD VS. REMODEL?.... Building tends to be a quite a bit more expensive that resale these days - conservatively $110/sq ft without the cost of the lot. It is almost impossible to finance a lot purchase. You can either buy a lot cash or have a builder of your choice buy that lot for you and build your dream home so you can get a loan for the move-in ready product. Naturally, remodeling costs can add up quickly, as well.
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Mon Jan 28, 2013
-
-
You need to avoid that Clown Car Full of Horrors trying find a Construction Loan in FL here in 2013 and go find a good resale of foreclosure....BEFORE they go up the 6% predicted this year!

I opened my email this morning to find 5 borrower (since just last night) from north FL to Miami asking me for help getting them approved to purchase.

Prices are jumping back up in Florida !! Review the below programs and call me after 1:00 today

1) 100% LTV- USDA/12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK is OK
2) 100% LTV- VA/can pay off debts on purchases too

3) 99% LTV-FHA
4) 96.5% LTV-FHA
5) 97% LTV- No PMI/MI (avoids 1.75% FHA FEE)
6) 95% LTV- No PMI
7) 95% LTV- CONDO purchase
8) 90% LTV- No PMI-2nd Home
9) 90% LTV- JUMBO w/cc

10) 85% LTV- NO PMI Super Jumbo
11) 80% LTV- Invest. Prop.

STATED INCOME ALT loan programs: http://www.StatedIncomeAlt.com

12) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop.

13) 80% LTV- NEW- Stated Income Alt

14) 75% LTV- NEW- Foreign Nationals- Stated Income Alt

15) 75% CLTV-NEW- after Short Sale, BK or Foreclosure

16) 70% LTV- Soft and Hard Money -Stated Income Alt

17) 60% LOT/VACANT LAND LOANS (by case basis)

18) COMMERCIAL PROGRAMS (many programs available nationwide)

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/Florida

http://www.pro-option.com

steve@pro-option.com

Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
==
Joan E Smith, Agent, Tallahassee, FL
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Hi. I''d like to thank you for asking such good questions.

Concerning Loan: Perhaps your best next step in searching for your next home is to contact a local mortgage lender.

The lender will most likely be the right person to help clear up any questions about the process of getting your home purchase financed. If needed, I'll be happy to provide a list of several available loan originators in Tally.

Blessings to you and yours,

Joan E Smith, ABR, Lic. Broker, BuyerSideRealty.com (850) 597-3905
Joan E Smith, Agent, Tallahassee, FL
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Before viewing homes, lets talk about the exclusive buyers agreement and discuss the different duties with a Buyer-Client and Buyer-Customer relationship.
Gary Edington, Agent, Crawfordville, FL
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Hi Vicki,

I just did a search for new construction in Golden Eagle and it ranges from $134.00 - $171.96 price per square foot. I will be happy to help you with your home building or buying process. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Thank you, Shari Edington 850-933-6364
Gary Edington, Agent, Crawfordville, FL
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Hi Vicki,

Ox bottom and Golden Eagle are both very desirable neighborhoods. Golden Eagle is a gated community, where all guests must check in with the attendant at the entrance. Ox Bottom is not gated and you can drive through freely.
Let me do some checking with a couple of local builders to give you an idea of building price per sq ft. and I will get back with you.