We have settled by splitting the cost of the seller having to re-doc.

Asked by Bryan Ware, San Jose, CA Sun Sep 30, 2007

Original seller's cost was $750. We agreed to split that cost. My broker said he would pay half of my expense. That leaves me with a $187.50 charge to seal the deal. Was I wrong to accept this deal? I figured it was better than delays, grief, animosity with the seller, and potentially losing at arbitration. Please tell Gael I love her and did this for us. She has temporarily lost interest in the property.

Bryan

Answers

6
Bryan Ware, Home Seller, San Jose, CA
Sun Sep 30, 2007
Sorry to turn this into a "Peyton Place". Mike definately had an excellent answer but, we need to take into account the emotional component. I want to thank everyone that took place in this forum concerning our situation. You all are the best !!

Bryan
Erin Stumpf…, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Mon Oct 1, 2007
Great job! And how nice of your agent to absorb some of the costs...win-win for everyone! Enjoy your new home!
Ruthless, , 60558
Sun Sep 30, 2007
Buying a home is very stressful. That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. The $187.50 is a drop in the bucket compared to counseling, medical bills, and time spent in arbitration. When you are living there, it will all be worth it.

Buying a home . . . $379,000.00
Avoiding arbitration . . . $187.50
Carrying Gael over the threshold of your new home . . . Priceless!

Congratulations!
Ruth
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Sun Sep 30, 2007
Congratulations! No, you are not wrong to accept this deal as you read in the other posts that you are also responsible for this. Good that your broker stepped up. This is a win, win situation. The agony you have been through must be horrible, and I am so excited for you.

We are here to help, and I LOVE happy endings.

I am happy for both of you. Sounds like you two have a great start to turn things around, both in your new home and in life.

Sylvia
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Newcastle, CA
Sun Sep 30, 2007
Bryan, you brought tears to my eyes. I hope you and Gael can seize the moment and go out and celebrate. Come back here after you have moved in and tell us how you like the new house. I used to live in San Jose myself until 2001 when we moved up here to Grass Valley (yes, I know Gael mentioned that the seller's new house is up here). Wishing you all the best. Ute
Web Reference:  http://www.go2kw.com
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Newcastle, CA
Sun Sep 30, 2007
Hi Bryan. Thank you so much for letting us know and I am thrilled you were able to get this worked out. That's really great news. You did the absolute right thing. I'll be happy to pass on the message to Gael.
Best of luck to you.
Web Reference:  http://www.go2kw.com